RedHAT Updates

General discussion about Linux, Linux distribution, using Linux etc.

Postby Tauseef » Mon Dec 15, 2003 9:33 am

Actually, Microsoft officially stopped supporting NT 4 this past year.

You can still use SQL Server 2K, OfficeXP,Oracle 9i and tons of latest new applications on top of WindowsNT.

Actually if you test SQLServer2k on NTServer and Win2KServer. It will be faster on NT than on 2K Server. How ?? Do not ask me as it is illegal to publish BenchMarks without prior permission from M$. Try it yourself.

I wonder if you can make that claim about RH 5.2 ????(It is almost as old as Win2K) Can you make same claim about RH 5.2.

I believe that we should not compare support for older versions of NT and Linux ( Or linux will lose quite miserably, I am afraid :wink: )

Its a crazy idea to use NT 4 in this day and age.

Well that is ok for people who get Rs30 CDs but not an easy decision for those who spend thousands of dollars on original software.

There are millions of NT users who have spent quite a lot of money on NT.
And they enjoy latest sofate running on NT even today.

Now in the end let me make one thing clear. I am not advocating MSWindows here. It is just a response as to why people or even a lot of corporate users still use Window NT. (Nothing more than that). I am still hooked onto Linux :!: :D
Tauseef
Naik

Yahoo Messenger: tauseefshazad@yahoo.com

Postby Faraz.Fazil » Wed Dec 17, 2003 8:39 pm

Righto buddy!!

I seem to be losing memory hehehe.
I read about it in spider two months back...and from what i recalled it was something like net* i.e netlinx or netaccess.Thanx for the correction sir.

mrkkhattak wrote:Assalamualaikum,

Faraz, I think that NetAccess (http://www.netxs.com.pk) is the official distributor Of RedHat Linux in pakistan.

Regards,

-Meraj
Linux for Life!
Faraz.Fazil
Major General

WLM: faraz7476@hotmail.com

Return to “%s” General