Hoe can i browse the internet

General discussion about Linux, Linux distribution, using Linux etc.
naeem
Lance Naik

Hoe can i browse the internet

Post by naeem »

Hello, i am using MS ISA server as proxy on MS windows 2000 server, And i have installed linux 8.0 for learning and knowlegebase, but unfortunatley i am unable to browse the net so plzz tell me what could be the possible problem, I will be thankful all of you.
mahin
Major

MS ISA server as proxy

Post by mahin »

I could be wrong but you need secureNAT not ISAproxy to allow Linux/other OS to connect with internet. If you do succeed in connecting through proxy then please do report here how you managed that.
naeem
Lance Naik

Let me describe with more detail

Post by naeem »

AOA,
mahin
Let me very clear that I am using my win2k as server and ISA server on that as internet sharing. I have only one machine of linux 8.0 as personal desktop type of, I have configured my lan card now i m trying to browse the lan as well. But both the file sharing and intrnet browsing not working. I have reserved the IP for Liux Machine in DHCP. Tell me what would the problem. Plzz take it personaly :?
mahin
Major

Let me describe with more detail

Post by mahin »

Sorry I do not use Win2k and have no experience:-(. Once I was stuck with an ISA server for internet access and could not find solution to connect Linux machine through ISAproxy. It was then I learned that only secureNAT allows internet browsing through ISAserver while ISAproxy and ISAcashing is for MS OS only. May I add that I could be wrong as I am not an ISAserver Guru, please ask around or even google [ I did but could not find any thing usefull perhaps I did not searched properly - please do check it out for your self ] to find a solution.
fawad
Site Admin

Post by fawad »

Naeem, if you post what exactly is going wrong, we might be able to help you out. I found this using Google. It seems to make sense to me. Then again, I've never used ISA, so wouldn't know.