an exceptional case in instalation

General discussion about Linux, Linux distribution, using Linux etc.
farhanksa
Subedar

an exceptional case in instalation

Post by farhanksa »

aoa

one o fmy friennd had a server with the scsi cd-rom.., and the cdrom is not working..as its very old now :) :P it does allow me to boot from the cd-rom to install but cannot go longer with installation..cant read cd well.

another problem is the harddisk on which i tried to install is also scsi but of different type its not scsi-2 (i mean 50 pin or 64 pin) its hot swap plug in.. thats y i had to use the same server for the instalation..

i attached the ide cdrom with the server and tried to lookin bios for booting from it..it dont support bootin from ide cdrom.only u can boot from scsi cdrom.. i copied the rh7.3 cd#1(after trying lots of tricks) in the scsi.hd and tried to find the hd.img to boot from floopy and install from the hardisk..but i was not successful....
if any one can pls tell me how can i put up with the instalation script of rh 7.3..

how can i now install the rh7.3 who cdis already copied in the ext2 partition and as well as in fat32 partition in the same harddisk...
Company Havaldaar Major

Post by newbie »

first make 3 iso images of all 3 cds
dd if=/dev/??? of=name.iso
e.g
dd if=/dev/hdc of=/root/redhat1.iso
or

cat /dev/hdc > /mnt/windows/redhat2.iso

now make a bootable flopppy using boot.img file (not hd.img).
when it asks for installation media select your scsi drive on which you have iso's . then further select your partition and then type the path of the directory on which you have all three iso images.
like if you have selected /dev/sda1 and iso images are in /iso directory then simply give
"/iso"
and it doesn't matter you have them on fat32 or ext partition but they must be inside one directory.
and remmeber its procedure for only Redhat 7.3 and 8.