Configuring Web server ?

General discussion about Linux, Linux distribution, using Linux etc.
azfar
Captain

Configuring Web server ?

Post by azfar »

On my windows webserver (IIS) i have to built some functionalities like php, perl, python, cgi, msaccess, mysql and mssql.

I know how to install these tools but i dont know what extra modules are needed to install for accessing these databases from php, perl and python or any other module which must required for hosting.

And what are the industry standard versions of above tools. There are atleast two versions of each product available.
Azfar Hashmi
Email : azfarhashmi@hotmail.com
fawad
Site Admin

Post by fawad »

There are no special modules for database connectivity under IIS. The regular Perl/Python modules will work. For any database, you'll have a DBD module for access from perl and a dbapi module for python. CGI is not a product, it's an interface for web servers to talk to web apps. I'm not too sure about how PHP database connectivity works other than that a mysql module ships with the stock PHP distribution.
zulfiqar
Cadet

Post by zulfiqar »

Dear Friend

Visit this web site www.hostlibrary.com
Zulfiqar Ahmad
Abbottabad
LinuxFreaK
Site Admin

Re: Configuring Web server ?

Post by LinuxFreaK »

Dear azfar,
Salam,
azfar wrote:On my windows webserver (IIS) i have to built some functionalities like php, perl, python, cgi, msaccess, mysql and mssql.

I know how to install these tools but i dont know what extra modules are needed to install for accessing these databases from php, perl and python or any other module which must required for hosting.

And what are the industry standard versions of above tools. There are atleast two versions of each product available.
Take a look into this site.

FYI, http://www.apachefriends.org/

Best Regards.
Farrukh Ahmed