KarachiOS Download Mirror

General discussion about Linux, Linux distribution, using Linux etc.
source_code
Lance Naik

KarachiOS Download Mirror

Post by source_code »

Hi all,
i have been eager to establish a download mirror for KOS i.e. (KarachiOS). Currently i am hosting:
  • KarachiOS.1.0rc1
    KarachiOS.1.0.rc2
    KarachiOS.1.0.rc3

I am also in process of further expanding KOS mirror with Different HowTo's, Tips and Tricks so please check back periodically for further updates and useful information.

I am providing this mirror at my own cost so please be gentle with my bandwidth :wink: . Just kidding its all yours. Furthermore i am also planning on hosting KOS download through torrents or may i rephrase P2P but i will of course need permission from the admins to do so first :).
In the mean while enjoy KOS online....!
Please visit:
http://sourcecode.ath.cx:88

Regards

Source_Code
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... it takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction."-Albert Einstein
x2oxen
Major General

Post by x2oxen »

how is your personal experience with this distro?
Muhammad Usman
+92-321-6640501
Chemonics International
http://usmanpk.com
source_code
Lance Naik

Post by source_code »

I have been a Debian user for the last 5 years. So far i am finding the OS potentially similar is OS base of Debian mainly due to KOS being a port of Debian but of course a touch of our own developers is always distinctive.
I can see KOS being a corporate application platform in Pakistan in the future to come. I am in the process of evaluating KOS (mainly in VMware). Based my evaluation i will be willing to move my server over to KOS.

What are your views of KOS. Do you see a possible potential for it to make it to Pakistan's corporate sector.
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... it takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction."-Albert Einstein
x2oxen
Major General

Post by x2oxen »

I don't think so until we don't have a big team to work on it. Development of it is very slow.
Muhammad Usman
+92-321-6640501
Chemonics International
Anjum Butt
Company Havaldaar Major

Post by Anjum Butt »

Thanks for the mirror.
Meanwhile, we working on a new KOS.

You'll be seeing a new release around EiD.

Regards,
Anjum
More will follow :)

Anjum Butt
Registered Linux User #314299
usamahashimi

Post by usamahashimi »

Any screenshots?
source_code
Lance Naik

Post by source_code »

i will post screenshots on the mirror website soon.
please check back for updates....

PS/ you are welcome... :)
x2oxen
Major General

Post by x2oxen »

Everybody is Welcomed! :P
Muhammad Usman
+92-321-6640501
Chemonics International
usamahashimi

Post by usamahashimi »

source_code!
I have personal openion that the name of the distro may not be karachios, it may be something which represents the whole pakistan, karachios is representing only karachi.
osama
Havaldaar

Post by osama »

I was also thinking that ... but
osama
Havaldaar

Post by osama »

It could become a national OS if its name become PakistanOS
usamahashimi

Post by usamahashimi »

osama wrote:It could become a national OS if its name become PakistanOS
I agree :)
PakistanOS or some other name which tells that it is debian derivative like "pakian" or "debpak" or some other nice name!
Muhammad Saad
Battalion Havaldaar Major

Post by Muhammad Saad »

I suggest that we should start a new forum topic where people can suggest better names.
source_code
Lance Naik

Post by source_code »

I wanted to apologize for KOS download site being offline over the weekend. However i have resolved the issue and assure that the mirror will have 100% availability in the future.
KOS development team is working hard to launch the next release candidate of KarachiOS. Please check back @ http://sourcecode.ath.cx:88 for a fresher KarachiOS :)
source_code
Lance Naik

Post by source_code »

P/S i like the idea of KOS representing the broader spectrum i.e. our nation being a national Linux OS.