download this and burn to a cd its a live cd with photography apps pre installed
http://ftp.riken.jp/pub/pub/Linux/pclin ... 8dpev4.iso
http://ftp.riken.jp/pub/pub/Linux/pclin ... ev4.md5sum
according to dev
This are the features that should interest photographers:
1. Pre-installed packages for everything concerning the managing and editing of digital images. These are in almost all cases standard PCLOS packages out of the official repositories. In only one case, a package has been upgraded to a newer version and the upgraded packages have been provided upstream to the PCLOS development team.
2. An incredible amount of plugins and scripts for the image editing program The GIMP. From redeye correction to adative contrast and from noise reduction with the newest algorithms (GreyCstoration)to the so-called "Highpass" sharpening filter, it's all there, pre-installed and ready to go. Even "David's Batch Processor" or DBP has been pre-installed.
3. A directory filled to bursting with ICC color profiles for almost all camera-, printer- and monitortypes and the gorgeous curvesets of Fotogenetic are at your disposal.
4. By special permission from Gabor Horvath, the author of RawTherapee http://www.rawtherapee.com/
), we have been allowed to include this great program. Although RawTherapee has a closed license, it is free and Gabor's permission allows us to distribute it on this liveCD.
5. As a treat, we have also included the Kommander script UFRaw-Assist. This works as a batch converter for camera raw files. You drag raw files onto the desktop droptarget (upto 255 files) and all files are converted, denoised and sharpened. If you wish, thumbnails are simultaneously generated.
Other than that, it is a standard PCLinuxOS.