Red Hat Co-Founder’s Latest Venture Prepares to Battle Amazo

General discussion about Linux, Linux distribution, using Linux etc.

Red Hat Co-Founder’s Latest Venture Prepares to Battle Amazo

Postby faruqkhan » Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:04 am

Red Hat Co-Founder’s Latest Venture Prepares to Battle Amazon
Just as Red Hat’s open-source strategy transformed a market dominated by proprietary software systems, Young champions Lulu as a way for writers who might not find traditional publishers to distribute and profit from their creativity. Authors retain copyright and 80 percent of the profit from their sales; Lulu takes the remaining 20 percent and charges for optional services such as proofreading and cover design. The site has 2 million registered users, with 1 million authors who upload 20,000 new titles to Lulu each month.
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-11-1 ... mazon.html
faruqkhan
Major General
 
Posts: 901
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:25 am

Return to “%s” General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron