Introduction of Open Source Resource Center (OSRC)

Moderated forum for posting announcements. Contact moderators for getting posting access.

Moderator: ProjectsAdmins

hosman
Cadet

Introduction of Open Source Resource Center (OSRC)

Post by hosman »

First of all I would like to thank the members of LinuxPakistan for creating this forum, it will be a great opportunity to interact with the open source community in Pakistan.

As an introduction the main objectives of this resource center are:

1. Develop a community for open source
2. Hold workshops over Open Source Development in all major cities
3. Create a network of Open Source developers
4. Groom an environment of Open Source Development in Pakistan.

For the purpose of getting to know the community i was in karachi on the 13th of July and was able to meet the OSS SIG of Computer Society of Pakistan. They were very welcoming and we discussed a few ideas. The minutes of that meeting are posted to CSP's website.

We agreed as a first step to hold a series of joint seminars on Open Source starting with karcachi and taken it to Lahore and Islamabad. For which the management of PSEB has agreed and the first seminar will be held sometime the last week of August.

In the meanwhile i spoke to the management and they agreed to allow OSRC to have a stall at ITCN Asia.

Now this stall is not only for OSRC but for all of the Open Source Community (everybody can pariticpate). Some of the ideas that i recieved are posted to the ITCN forum.

Any comments/ views/ suggestions are welcome.

Osman