when mandrake 9.2 lunch in market?

General discussion about PLUC and Linux in Pakistan.

Postby adilkhan_86 » Tue Jan 13, 2004 11:24 am

please tell me when mandrake 9.2 lunch in market and also suse 9.0 available in karachi ?
adilkhan_86
Naik

WLM: MAalpha18@hotmail.com
Yahoo Messenger: adilkhan_86@yahoo.com
AOL: adilhwl

Postby jargon » Wed Jan 14, 2004 12:26 am

Please dont post here asking about what cds are available from PLUC Karachi,
there is a great page off of the main www.linuxpakistan.net site...
http://www.linuxpakistan.net/wiki/index ... 5071a6c9b2

As for Suse 9.0
Since its not legal to distribute Suse cd's they will not be available from PLUC.
Please search the DB next time as this has been asked and replied properly by Mahin.
http://www.linuxpakistan.net/forum2x/vi ... light=suse
jargon
jargon
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby mahin » Wed Jan 14, 2004 10:34 am

I have checked with the Distributors and they are not interested in releasing Mandrake 9.2 for commercial considerations as new versoin will be available on/before 23 March 2004.

There is some work going on for new release, while the demand for 9.2 is not so big to sell entire lot in less then two months. Beside in 9.2 for certain reason the support for Arabic [ Arabic Script based Languages ] is less as compared to older version. There is quite perfect explanation why this happened but one more reason for not going for its commercial release.

If you know [ any one knows ] of any one who is willing to invest his money to produce Pressed CD of Mandrake 9.2 and accept the risk of not selling all then please introduce him to me. We will provide a Free verified and tested Master as well as test and check the sample drawn from production to see there is no problem with manufacturing. Our service as every one knows is Free of cost to any Distributor provided the retail price to end user is kept at normal price for other CD's sold in market.

We are how ever trying to arrange for Mandrake 9.2 on CD-R.

About SuSe please read the link mentioned in Jargon's post.

If you can afford to pay for SuSe then contact me and I can assist you in finding ways to save on postage charges [ No change in Software prices - it is same for every one ].
mahin
Major

Website: http://www.linuxpakistan.net/wiki/index.php/LinuxPakistanKarachi

Postby jargon » Wed Jan 14, 2004 11:14 am

For the time being i've installed Slack 9.1 Basic, and installed Dropline Gnome ontop, its an amazing combination. Better than Slack's Gnome distro, since Dropline is optimized for i686. Can't wait to switch over to Vector Linux as core OS once they move over to GCC 3.2 w/ Dropline Gnome ontop.

Best part, Dropline installs automatically and smoothly, though best if you have a fast connection, but perhaps someone can make the cd available.

www.dropline.net
jargon
jargon
Lieutenant Colonel

Return to “%s” General