suggestion why linuxpakistan open LiNuXCoLlEaGe

General discussion about PLUC and Linux in Pakistan.
adilkhan_86
Naik

suggestion why linuxpakistan open LiNuXCoLlEaGe

Post by adilkhan_86 »

Hay all sweet members i am Mohammad adil and i am a regullar viewer of this site and also post messages this is great site for linux user my suggestion is to all linuxpakistan to open their linuxcoleage for those who want to study linux linux redhatcourses shortcourses this is great idea for those who want study linux BEACUSE THE NEST GENRATION IS USE LINUX.
LinuxFreaK
Site Admin

Re: suggestion why linuxpakistan open LiNuXCoLlEaGe

Post by LinuxFreaK »

Dear Adilkhan_86,
Salam,
adilkhan_86 wrote:my suggestion is to all linuxpakistan to open their linuxcoleage for those who want to study linux linux redhatcourses shortcourses this is great idea for those who want study linux BEACUSE THE NEST GENRATION IS USE LINUX.
We did that but its useless no one want to work :) Even Mr.Tariq pay people for Learn Linux.....

Best Regards.
Farrukh Ahmed
Faraz.Fazil
Major General

Post by Faraz.Fazil »

Agreed...Unless we have sufficient funds and support...opening a linux college isnt possible...Its easier said than done...even if we opened it...it would be a failure unless we atleast had some ppl intrested in learning linux seriously.
Linux for Life!
keshif
Naik

Post by keshif »

AOA,

Well i hav seen a pamphlet in which i hav seen a institute situated in F B area (wher i m living) starting a New Course "Learn Linux Administration" sum thing like that .... so i think ther is sumthing going on in favour of linux ... hope that more pplz comes this way ........

AH
kEsHiF
Thinking !! Thinking !! Still Confused !! What i m Trying To Think !!
!! Idea -- Lih-nux -- Live in Different Style ;) !!
Faraz.Fazil
Major General

Post by Faraz.Fazil »

Good but beware of some institutes that claim to offer linux courses but in real fact dont have the skills themselves to impart linux skills to others and do nothing but just fool you.
keshif wrote:AOA,

Well i hav seen a pamphlet in which i hav seen a institute situated in F B area (wher i m living) starting a New Course "Learn Linux Administration" sum thing like that .... so i think ther is sumthing going on in favour of linux ... hope that more pplz comes this way ........

AH
kEsHiF
Linux for Life!
farhantoqeer
Major General

Post by farhantoqeer »

In my opinion this is not the work of any institute situated at the corner of a thickly populated area. It must be at government colleges / universities level. I do believe that we are far ahead from that stage when we need something like that, cant you see the registered linux users counter of LP? This is not a small amount of users using GNU Linux.
A: Yes
Q: Is top-posting bad?
keshif
Naik

Post by keshif »

AOA,
I do believe that we are far ahead from that stage when we need something like that, cant you see the registered linux users counter of LP? This is not a small amount of users using GNU Linux..
No Linux is still far behind .... i dont think a single END USER is using linux as his operating system ...... we need awareness at very low level .... we must accept that M!cr0$ft is just stick in our peoplez brain coz of Pirated copies and they dont want to get out of it .... i think only 3% or 4% of users in whole pakistan is using GNU/Linux as a primary OS or may be less then that ..
It must be at government colleges / universities level.
Yes you are rite ... but why not Government start using Linux from skools .... For a child who even dont know wat is computer it would be pretty easy to Learn Linux ..... Rather a College student using W!nd0w$ from Last 10 years and have to switch on Linux.

thnx
AH
kEsHiF
Thinking !! Thinking !! Still Confused !! What i m Trying To Think !!
!! Idea -- Lih-nux -- Live in Different Style ;) !!
farhantoqeer
Major General

Post by farhantoqeer »

i dont think a single END USER is using linux as his operating system
Can you define what do you mean by and END USER is? how many ordinary people using a free OS as their primary OS in Europe or in Americas? obviously same as in our country 3% or 4%, and in my opinion thats is nice raito as far as we all know the calibre of our own IT Professionals.
we must accept that M!cr0$ft is just stick in our peoplez brain coz of Pirated copies
I disagree. How you will count rest of the world who is using the commercial OS as their primary OS? there is around 20% to 30% piracy in rest of the world, why they are not using the free OS?
why not Government start using Linux from skools .... For a child who even dont know wat is computer it would be pretty easy to Learn Linux .....
Who is ready to go into schools to teach free OS by getting salary around 3 to 5K per month? do we have sufficient funds to follow up this? I agree that you can mold children brain as you want but i think we should let them free as we are in favour of free software :) well by the way how many IT professionals you know who knows what really comptuer is?
A: Yes
Q: Is top-posting bad?
stalal
Cadet

a little comment

Post by stalal »

well I am student of SSUET and i gotta know that we (computer engineers) are supposed to study and do some work on linux. At that stage i shocked coz mostly people don't even know the name of linux in my whole class. It describes that how much far away are we from this os. if saying that microsoft is the winner that is definitely becaiuse of the pirated culture in Pakistan. and from the very beginning when we born we heard only operating system Windows.how can you people expect that people who have always listened and used an os and now they find the same thing just in 25 to 35 rupees can ever possibly move to an os from which they are not even familier and which is available atleast in 90 rupees.[i]I am only talking about piurated cds [/i]
for this purpose we must arrange some kind of seminars arounf to tell people for the advantages of this software and there should not be any age restriction that on childs or university students are supposed to attend that. As far as institutes are concerned they are just here for money and it is true that people who have learned on their own are better than people who have studied some thing in an institute.
I always wanted to arrange some seminars in my university for the awareness of Linux [i](not for arranging courses but tell poeple its advantages and offer them services for help like this website )[/i] so that people gotta know that there are more people who are ready to hit the ground...
What do yoiu people think