LinuxPakistan and ITCN Asia

General discussion about PLUC and Linux in Pakistan.

LinuxPakistan and ITCN Asia

Postby eternal peace » Fri Apr 02, 2004 5:53 pm

AoA,

First i would like to appreciate the efforts made by Linux Pakistan to promote Linux in this country, but what i've seen during the last period or so is that LinuxPakistan is not doing what it should have to do.Maintaining a forum or Wiki to help ppl in using Linux is indeed a very splendid job but there are other things which should have to be taken in care.

Like, arranging seminars for creating awareness in the ppl about Linux, maintaing projects realted to Linux like Linux in Urdu, we can take example of other internatonal Linux groups like Bangladeshi Linux Group, they have translated the Gnome Desktop in Bangla and the newly released Gnome is availabe in Bangla.Now this is just possible with the help of ppl , why can't we do this?

LinuxPakistan can also participate in IT Exhibitions of country, which will help LinuxPakistan a lot in establishing as a powerful entity working for the just cause of Linux and I'm sure there will be a lot of volanteers available for participating and in helping in all these events.

So, what I'm asking through this post is why LinuxPakistan do not participates in ITCN Asia or anyother IT Exhibition?

If the funds are the main problem then I think if we'll have a talk with the organizing commitee of the ITCN then i'm sure they will provide us place to exhibit without any charges coz LinuxPakistan is a volantarily driven
organization and the MoIT will also help us.

Now,we should have to think about the partcipation in ITCN seriously which is due i think in August, it will be a great boost for LinuxPakistan.

We'll always be available for ur help!

k.h
hail to linux!!!
eternal peace
Naik

Re:

Postby LinuxFreaK » Fri Apr 02, 2004 11:25 pm

Dear eternal peace,
Salam,

Not a bad idea but i would like to know who will give us Stall at ITCN Asia ? If you are then we have no problem to participate in ITCN Asia 2004.

Best Regards.
Farrukh Ahmed
LinuxFreaK
Site Admin

Website: http://www.linuxpakistan.net/wiki/index.php?pagename=LinuxFreak
WLM: f4fahmed@hotmail.com
Yahoo Messenger: f4fahmed@yahoo.com
AOL: linuxpakistan@aol.com

ITCN Asia

Postby Zaheer » Fri Apr 02, 2004 11:50 pm

AOA,
Do u peoples know how much they take for a stall.They want 25,000 for three days.
So how can they give stall for free . :) If they can give stall for free so we are here to be in install.What do u say Tariq sahab.Reply this post ASAP.
Zaheer
Good Judgement comes from Experience and Experience comes from bad Judgement!!
The more I know, the more I realize I don't know!?
The easiest way to find out is to try Out!!!

Registered Linux user #333501
Zaheer
Battalion Havaldaar Major

WLM: zaheermb20@hotmail.com
Yahoo Messenger: zaheermb2002@yahoo.com

Re: ITCN Asia

Postby LinuxFreaK » Sat Apr 03, 2004 12:18 am

Dear Zaheer,
Salam,

Zaheer wrote:Do u peoples know how much they take for a stall.They want 25,000 for three days. So how can they give stall for free . :) If they can give stall for free so we are here to be in install.What do u say Tariq sahab.Reply this post ASAP.

I think its 400 $ and almost 24000 :P

Best Regards.
Farrukh Ahmed
LinuxFreaK
Site Admin

Website: http://www.linuxpakistan.net/wiki/index.php?pagename=LinuxFreak
WLM: f4fahmed@hotmail.com
Yahoo Messenger: f4fahmed@yahoo.com
AOL: linuxpakistan@aol.com

Postby farhantoqeer » Sat Apr 03, 2004 3:47 pm

Participating in ITCN iis useless in my opinion. Who will be the target ? IT Giants?

It is far better to make a install festival at any round about of karachi. (Remember Trariq bhai? :lol:)
A: Yes
Q: Is top-posting bad?
farhantoqeer
Major General

Postby eternal peace » Sat Apr 03, 2004 5:37 pm

AoA,

atleast we should have to make some effort and talk with the higher authorities about our participation, as LinuxPakistan is volantarily driven organization.

remember,
hath pe hath rekhay bethay rehnay se kuch naheen hota!!!

Participating in ITCN iis useless in my opinion. Who will be the target ? IT Giants?

our main target is the ppl not the IT Giants, I think u must have an idea about the no. of ppl visiting ITCN.

k.h
hail to linux!!!
eternal peace
Naik

Postby mahin » Sat Apr 03, 2004 7:47 pm

farhantoqeer wrote:It is far better to make a install festival at any round about of karachi. (Remember Trariq bhai? :lol:)
That is very much in works, we need few weeks time more. :)

As far ITCN and other exibitions, Money is not that big issue but some one stepping forward and volunteering for Project leadership is an issue. If any one feels strongly about any project then let him convince others it is worth doing, form a team and lead them. If you need help then be specific what you need to do the job.

eternal peace wrote:talk with the higher authorities
This is Open Source and there are no " higher authorities " you have to rely upon your skills / resources alone. If I am getting the drift and your point is to the extent of financial side, we can always find ways. You got it right, our focus is people not IT giants.

hath pe hath rekhay bethay rehnay se kuch naheen hota!!!
:shock: Are we giving this impression :wink:

Hope this helps in getting some thing done.
mahin
Major

Website: http://www.linuxpakistan.net/wiki/index.php/LinuxPakistanKarachi

Postby eternal peace » Sun Apr 04, 2004 1:19 am

completely agreed with you Mahin!!

i'm a student and i've put this matter in front of u coz I can't arrange stall for ITCN (remember its Pakistan :lol: ) but I can assure you that I can arrange enough volanteers to carry out this !!!

I also want to know if other PLUCians are willing join me?

we can arrange a meeting so that we can sort out what we have to do?
hail to linux!!!
eternal peace
Naik

ITCN

Postby Zaheer » Sun Apr 04, 2004 1:26 am

AOA,
Why not,we agree with U.
Zaheer
Good Judgement comes from Experience and Experience comes from bad Judgement!!

The more I know, the more I realize I don't know!?

The easiest way to find out is to try Out!!!

Registered Linux user #333501
Zaheer
Battalion Havaldaar Major

WLM: zaheermb20@hotmail.com
Yahoo Messenger: zaheermb2002@yahoo.com

Postby mahin » Sun Apr 04, 2004 8:52 am

eternal peace wrote:I also want to know if other PLUCians are willing join me?
Count me in as a team member and tell me what I have to do, others can speak for them self.

Being Leader of project [ You got your self elected :) ] means you have to do the inital research, collect all the relevent links so that other's can also see what you are referring to, then assign tasks for further research before we can decide what we will do at ITCN. Please indicate how much time we have and how you want to allocate that.

Good Luck :!:
mahin
Major

Postby eternal peace » Sun Apr 04, 2004 6:13 pm

i'm really very happy to see some valuable replies and thanks for ur appreciation!!

first of all I'm giving you the link for ITCN Asia's website,

http://www.itcnasia.com/indexmain.htm

The Broucher and Bokking form is available from their website to download.

here they have got all the information about the event and the main thing the
event will be held at 9 to 11 August 2004, so we have got enough time to prepare and within 2 months we can prepare for it.

and if anyone wants to know what we can do at ITCN then refer to these links and see for urself that how the individuals have achieved through these type of events,

http://www.debian.org/events/
http://marc.merlins.org/linux/

k.h
hail to linux!!!
eternal peace
Naik

Postby eternal peace » Tue Apr 06, 2004 4:49 pm

AoA,

Tariq sahab I'm waiting for ur reply!!

and if anyone on this forum would like to help us in achieving our target plz step forward.

We need to hear from you coz together we can achieve this !!!

k.h
hail to linux!!!
eternal peace
Naik

Postby mahin » Tue Apr 06, 2004 7:39 pm

I have checked the links you have posted.

I may be looking at some wrong place but the amount mentioned there is many time more then what has been mentioned in this thread.

What we need is to establish the total amount any normal commercial participant will pay. Then we will have to find the ways for financing that.

Now the big question is what we will be doing there ?
mahin
Major

Postby eternal peace » Wed Apr 07, 2004 12:59 am

Now the big question is what we will be doing there ?

What i've planned is,

1- First of all we can display some systems running with different Linux Distributions so that ppl can see what Linux is capable of and can also display some Live distributions like Knoppix etc.

2- We can also sell PLUC cds, on ppls demand.

3- We can guide ppl for their queries about Linux and can also provide help that how they can easily overcome different networking problems through the use of Linux or Linux softwares like IPCop etc.

more ideas can be developed further but I've given some basic ones.

Sir as far as the amount for participation is concerned I agree $300 per sqm for min. 9 sqm is too much.I don't think anyone will finance this amount of money for us.

so, we have to find some other ways round like contacting ITCN organizers for some relaxation or something.

what do you think?

k.h
hail to linux!!!
eternal peace
Naik

Postby mahin » Wed Apr 07, 2004 6:07 pm

Leave the funding side, we will find the way.

I am not sure if sale of CD will be allowed, we have to check. Again this can be decided later.

What we are going to demonstrate ? This needs to be discussed and will take time and this is your basic project.
mahin
Major

Return to “%s” General