Just an IDEA!!

General discussion about PLUC and Linux in Pakistan.
amkali
Lance Naik

Just an IDEA!!

Post by amkali »

Saalamz

Guys nowadays I am thinking of making a portal for the Linux community that can help newbies and experts alike .... with details about online resources of linux their rankings and reviews....

Plus a little bit about the offline resources .... (I mean shops and so on where one can get linux help free or on a cost) ...

Plus a HowTo Resource ... many exist on the internet but 90% of them are not as explanitary as Windows make their HELP files .... so I am willing to do so ....

Any ideas or anyone interested ....

(I know a bit of PHP .... a bit more than a bit .... learned it on windows platform have never used it on Linux until now ... and a MySQL.... and I love them as i have also worked on ASP and SQL Server)

jargon
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by jargon »

Why don't you just go to www.linuxpakistan.net/wiki and start adding content, it would be silly to start fragmenting stuff,
jargon
Qadri-409
Battalion Havaldaar Major

Re: Just an IDEA!!

Post by Qadri-409 »

amkali wrote:Saalamz

Guys nowadays I am thinking of making a portal for the Linux community that can help newbies and experts alike .... with details about online resources of linux their rankings and reviews....

Plus a little bit about the offline resources .... (I mean shops and so on where one can get linux help free or on a cost) ...

Plus a HowTo Resource ... many exist on the internet but 90% of them are not as explanitary as Windows make their HELP files .... so I am willing to do so ....

Any ideas or anyone interested ....

(I know a bit of PHP .... a bit more than a bit .... learned it on windows platform have never used it on Linux until now ... and a MySQL.... and I love them as i have also worked on ASP and SQL Server)

if you are a linux guy then forget about ASP coz its micro$oft product .while php mysql apache are free and appropraite for bbs of linux.
you should work on LAMP project (linux+apache+mysql+php).
just go to www.phpnuke.com or postnuke.com and download this free bbs software configure it offline and then upload some where suitable which can support all thses things at server side :)
by the way you can talk with admin of linuxpakistan and can start a new section for newbies ...why to invent the wheel again
M Shahzad Qadri