Nameserver Enteries Disappear

General discussion about PLUC and Linux in Pakistan.
seyed_kazmi@hotmail.com
Lance Naik

Nameserver Enteries Disappear

Post by seyed_kazmi@hotmail.com »

AoA to All

I have a problem in Linux REDHAT 9 that when i connect to internet through modem it also change my name server's address or DNS address (replace with ISP's DNS) so my client can't get my local Domain or my own site only get internet sharing .
I am using squid in Linux Server REDHAT 9 then the same result as well as when i am using simple NAT or Forwarding

so how can i getrid of this tesion plz answer me soon i really need it
i have Configured DHCP (Simply Configured)
I have Configured DNS
I have Configured Apache Web Server (Simple Configuration)

reply me ASAP
Thanks In Advance
Atif Kazmi
zaeemarshad
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by zaeemarshad »

umm....what i think of the solution is that

step-1 : using iptables redirect all traffic destined for port 53 and outgoing interface ppp0 to your dns server.

step-2: in your dns server add the isp's dns server using a forwarder statement. Your dns will forward unresloved queries to isp's dns....

theoretically it should work but what might work in theory might not work as such in the real world. :)

Cheers
Zaeem
lambda
Major General

Re: Nameserver Enteries Disappear

Post by lambda »

seyed_kazmi@hotmail.com wrote:I have a problem in Linux REDHAT 9 that when i connect to internet through modem it also change my name server's address or DNS address (replace with ISP's DNS) so my client can't get my local Domain or my own site only get internet sharing .
examine the program or scripts you use to dial in. one of them makes the change to your /etc/resolv.conf; find its config file and change it so it doesn't do that.
so how can i getrid of this tesion plz answer me soon i really need it
what's tesion?