Linux scope in Job

General discussion about PLUC and Linux in Pakistan.
gardenair
Havaldaar

Linux scope in Job

Postby gardenair » Fri Mar 11, 2005 7:04 pm

Assalm o-alicum,

Iam MCS & have done some work in Linux by my own (At home). Preiour i have basic knowledge of Netorking ,not high level. I want to ask that what is job the scope of Linux OS . It is also necessary to do MCSE or CCNA to hunt a job in any ISP ?
In the interview every body ask to an experience so what should be a new person in that situation.
2nd in ISP's does all are Using Linux os or Windows ?
Thanks in advance for your guidence.

mahin_pk
Site Admin

Postby mahin_pk » Sat Mar 12, 2005 1:47 pm

You should do what every one does:

1. Find some one who can employ you and then let you learn the skills you need what other employers always ask.

2. If you do not find any one willing to fund your learning then you have to do it on your own.

If you have to do it on your own then either you decide about what you want to learn or you volunteer and adopt some project. This way you will have the skills.

If you have any choice then post here so that other's can guide you else you adopt any project, in the process you will learn the skills and job offers [ 99% guranteed - I am just keeping the 1% as risk ] the moment you finish. If you need assurance of Job then choice of project is not yours.

This thread is being moved to general.

Tariq.

gardenair
Havaldaar

thanks

Postby gardenair » Sat Mar 12, 2005 7:11 pm

Thanks Mr mahin_pk for your detail reply. Iam new in Linux & did all the things (How to install Linux using Costom option .) . I use a 2 GB hard disk & start manualk installation of Mandrake Linux & then switch to Red Hat.
Now at the moment iam in this situation that i can install RED Hat or any other distribution by my self .
I dis all thing using the help of Internet ,purchased books of Unix & RED HAT linux to understand it . Now i want to join any professional institute to learn in more depth.

As concern to programming iam workinhg on private projects. Each project gives me a lot of knowledge & problem solving.

Ima also so much thankful to Linux Pakistan which gives a such kind of good forum to new personsfor help & guidence.

Plz let me know any good institute which is offering Linux ISP set & Administration in Lahore or Islamabad so that i should improve my skill in it.
Any UNIX ,Linux web site to learn usefull material.
Thanks in advance.

gh4z4nf4r
Naik

Postby gh4z4nf4r » Sat Mar 12, 2005 7:30 pm

Hello,

COMSATS HQ is offering a course named like "ISP setup in Linux". Couple of guys i know went there for the course and they were dissappointed. If you know nothing than that course would just give u the start so u feel at home while learning by yourself in future.

gardenair
Havaldaar

Postby gardenair » Sat Mar 12, 2005 7:32 pm

Well gh4z4nf4r thanks for the info ..is it a cheap course that they are offering .Is there any other government institute whiuch is offering Linux course.
tahnks in advance.

nasacis
Battalion Havaldaar Major

Postby nasacis » Sat Mar 19, 2005 4:05 pm

It is request to all linux guys that don't join COMSATS Network Training for ISP Setup on Linux.

Regards
Nafees Ahmed
Cell: +92.300.8653568
UAN: 041-111432432
Nexlinx Faisalabad
www.nexlinx.net.pk
nafees29@gmail.com

hanybee
Havaldaar

what is the reason ???

Postby hanybee » Sun Mar 20, 2005 12:43 am

hello mr.nafees
will u like to tell & explain that what is reason behind that not to join comsats institute for ISP training program
waiting for reply
hassan

nasacis

Postby nasacis » Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:30 am

Because they don't have proper faculty for this course. I joined this course in 2002 but vain :(
Nafees Ahmed

Cell: +92.300.8653568

UAN: 041-111432432

Nexlinx Faisalabad

www.nexlinx.net.pk

nafees29@gmail.com

itsmani1
Cadet

Postby itsmani1 » Tue Mar 29, 2005 6:54 pm

nasacis wrote:Because they don't have proper faculty for this course. I joined this course in 2002 but vain :(

Well said !!!!!

Qadri-409

Re: thanks

Postby Qadri-409 » Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:49 pm

gardenair wrote: Iam new in Linux & did all the things (How to install Linux using Costom option .) switch to Red Hat.
i can install RED Hat or any other distribution by my self .

its all prelimnary ..good that you have started
gardenair wrote:
I dis all thing using the help of Internet ,purchased books of Unix & RED HAT linux to understand it . Now i want to join any professional institute to learn in more depth.
Ima also so much thankful to Linux Pakistan which gives a such kind of good forum to new personsfor help & guidence.
Plz let me know any good institute which is offering Linux ISP set & Administration in Lahore or Islamabad so that i should improve my skill in it.

Books are good idea you can also make searchs for downloadable books..also keep visiting http://tladp.org
youhave found the website http://www.linuxpakistan.net
you need only the formula now to learn more install+practice+crashxreinstall :) you have the basic knowledge you are MCS I have n't studied computer never had any diploma or cert classes.you should start configuring services one by one ...first of all Apache its easiest
Luck all the way
M Shahzad Qadri

ammarnaeembutt
Cadet

the correct one

Postby ammarnaeembutt » Mon May 23, 2005 1:44 am

dear brother
first of all, u have MCS, in technical and professional life there is no advantage of MCS
but in office work and in decesion they need master level program
bcoz old and mature and intelligent then the younger
but u need techincal and wana be a professional
tthen FIRST of ALL do the MCSE
if u cant then DO LINUX redhat 9. if u done this u can work on all type of unix and linux
but read every thing Command line mode (CLI) looks like dos mode ok
never go to graphicle
and in end DO CCNA
bcoz CCNA make ur concept so strong and broght
all these things are best from lahore at the corvit system
u can check the website
corvit.com

when u will go there do MCSE from kashif gerdaezi
do LINUX from any teacher all are nice
and do just CCNA from HAROOM MALIK
no other, ok
for futher detail email me, or fone me
ammar naeem
ammarnaeembutt@yahoo.com
c : 92-333-4583659

lambda
Major General

Postby lambda » Mon May 23, 2005 2:41 am

i need one or two experienced linux people. trouble is, almost everyone who applies for the job is either outside lahore, or not all that great. (i still can't figure out why people in karachi apply for a job when they're not even going to show up for the interview. waste of my time.)

i've been trying to find someone for weeks now. either good people don't exist, or they're all happy with the jobs they have. either way, it means that there are more linux jobs than people, and that's good for you.

ammarnaeembutt
Cadet

dear friends best one collage

Postby ammarnaeembutt » Mon May 23, 2005 12:15 pm

dear frirends
first of all every teacher just taught u the basic, polish ur self and ur knowledge and techs
if u want this, then corvit system at islamabad and in lahore are the bestone in linux
but before u come must have internet and working time for linux
so that u can download news things that are out of course and discuss with there teacher for help
it will be better, and then consult the books
from orielly they are the best,
buy them from amazon used books
if not,, then sooner u will get some important and cream collection for linux and firewall and network security and hacks
after fews days my order is coming, then u will photocopeid them at very low price, free from me ok just pay to photocopiyer he took 40ps per page
ALLAH HAFIz
for more details email me
ammarnaeembutt@yahoo.com

zaeemarshad
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby zaeemarshad » Wed May 25, 2005 3:39 pm

lambda wrote:i need one or two experienced linux people. trouble is, almost everyone who applies for the job is either outside lahore, or not all that great. (i still can't figure out why people in karachi apply for a job when they're not even going to show up for the interview. waste of my time.)

i've been trying to find someone for weeks now. either good people don't exist, or they're all happy with the jobs they have. either way, it means that there are more linux jobs than people, and that's good for you.

This is the exact problem I am facing. I have been interviewing quite a few ppl recently looking for ambitious people who have good networking concepts but to no avail. There are more linux jobs then there are linux experts. Just that the skillset people possess is not enough.

Regards
Zaeem

Return to “General”