Loadzzz of Distriubtions Added!

General discussion about PLUC and Linux in Pakistan.

Loadzzz of Distriubtions Added!

Postby brutusredhat » Wed Apr 27, 2005 2:08 pm

Adaab!
On such a huge response and with over 43 linux geeks to have several distributions burnt in 4 days only in islamabad!!!! i was really shocked...First i did the job as a part time...NOW! i think i am going to think it seriously! FRANKLY!!!!! ISLAMABAD-RAWALPINDI NEEDS SOME VOLUNTEERS~~~ Well to tell u people i have some interesting linux distributions added into my NIX database...a must try distributions...

Floppy Based Distributions: HOT!!!
1. Linux Router Project (a networking centric mini-distribution of Linux. LRP is small enough to fit on a single 1.44MB floppy disk, and makes building and maintaining routers, terminal servers, and typically embedded networking systems next to trivial)
2. Tomsrbt ("The most Linux on one floppy disk." rescue/panic/emergency diskette, or shirt-pocket Linux toolkit)
3. Diet-Router (a Linux router that is small enough to fit on a single floppy disk. It focuses more on security than on functionality)
4. S.M.A.R.T Linux (a bootable floppy distribution containing tool (smartmontools) for monitoring IDE/SCSI hard disks (using Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology). It is based on uClibc, BusyBox and smartmontool)
5. Zool Linux (a Linux Based operating system on one floppy disk, for restoring a system and testing some hardware )

Mini Distributions: HOT!!!
1. Dragon Linux (a tiny Internet-ready distribution of Linux. At only 25MB installed, it is a fully functional UMSDOS Linux installation)
2. DeadMini (DeadMini is a tiny distribution designed for modular usage. It boots very fast - minimal bootup time is about 3s)
3. LoopLinux (a small Linux distribution that can be installed on a Dos/Win95/98 system)
4. Minux (a one-disk nfs linux system , which first boots from the local drive and then mounts the rest of the file system from a server. It uses ldlinux.sys as the loader)
5. Vector Linux a distribution that only reguires 175 megs of disk space for full install and a system with 16MB of RAM. X interface features icewm for a fast and stable X windowing enviroment)

once again i want to thanks all of u for the quick & positive response for this step....THANKS BUDDIES....
brutusredhat
Lance Naik

WLM: chohan_ahmad@hotmail.com
Yahoo Messenger: ahmad20032009@yahoo.com

Return to “%s” General