Moving LinuxPakistan @ Undernet.org

General discussion about PLUC and Linux in Pakistan.

Moving LinuxPakistan @ Undernet.org

Postby LinuxFreaK » Sat May 03, 2003 2:09 am

Dear All LinuxFreaks.
I Would like to have your co-orporation. and wanted to invite your peoples to switch your self from freenode.net to undernet.org. i had talked with Fawad but he said post an msg and lets see how much peoples want to switch to undernet.org. i hope you peoples will coorpotate with me.
Best Regards.
Farrukh Ahmed
LinuxFreaK
Site Admin

Website: http://www.linuxpakistan.net/wiki/index.php?pagename=LinuxFreak
WLM: f4fahmed@hotmail.com
Yahoo Messenger: f4fahmed@yahoo.com
AOL: linuxpakistan@aol.com

hi i will be there

Postby farhanksa » Sat May 03, 2003 11:51 am

aoa
i use to go to freenode.net...but when ever i always go there there is no one .....
can any one tell me how to register and configure IRC server.(should we also have to register the channel also??).
i wana configure the server bcz ... y should we route our traffic out side pakistan and then return again to pakistan....i am pointing to all the static path of the routers operating in the KRA..LHR..ISL ptcl offices..
our trafic goes out of pakistan usually at 4 th hop or 5 th.. then again we enter into pakistan...
i think u ppl go tmy point..
farhanksa
Subedar

WLM: farhan12@msn.com
Yahoo Messenger: commdsl@yahoo.com

Re: Moving LinuxPakistan @ Undernet.org

Postby Aadil » Sat May 03, 2003 3:21 pm

LinuxFreaK wrote:Dear All LinuxFreaks.
I Would like to have your co-orporation. and wanted to invite your peoples to switch your self from freenode.net to undernet.org. i had talked with Fawad but he said post an msg and lets see how much peoples want to switch to undernet.org. i hope you peoples will coorpotate with me.
Best Regards.

What's the difference ?
If someone would
/server irc.undernet.org then they can also
/server irc.freenode.net

*Shrug*
Aadil
Naik

Try #LinuxPakistan @ Undernet.org

Postby LinuxFreaK » Sat May 03, 2003 11:32 pm

Dear Farhan,
Try Undernet.org. there are peoples but they sleep well i hope if you peoples come to undernet.org then we will make its a big channel of Undernet.org and we can compeate #LinuxHelp @ Undernet.org. My Nick Will be Th3K|nG.
Best Regards.
Farrukh Ahmed
LinuxFreaK
Site Admin

Postby fawad » Sun May 04, 2003 12:54 am

Dagreat1 wrote:
LinuxFreaK wrote:Dear All LinuxFreaks.
Best Regards.

What's the difference ?
If someone would
/server irc.freenode.net

*Shrug*

My thought exactly. Plus, we don't have ppl on the existing channel, nor do we have any problems with it, so I won't comment either way. #linuxpakistan on freenode.net is still the official channel unless we have some compelling reason to set it up otherwise.
fawad
Site Admin

WLM: fawadhalim@hotmail.com
Yahoo Messenger: fawad2048
AOL: fawadhalim

Postby LinuxFreaK » Sun May 04, 2003 10:04 pm

Ok Fawad. As your wish dude :)
Farrukh Ahmed
LinuxFreaK
Site Admin

Some Differences

Postby DiGiTaL » Thu May 08, 2003 6:36 am

/server irc.freenode.net

My thought exactly. Plus, we don't have ppl on the existing channel, nor do we have any problems with it, so I won't comment either way. #linuxpakistan on freenode.net is still the official channel unless we have some compelling reason to set it up otherwise.

AoA

We exactly want to increase your Society, and to help others regarding Linux. #LinuxPakistan on freenode.net is the Official channel of LinuxPakistan.net, but what exactly is the need of Official channel, when you dont have helpers there, The Channel #Linuxpakistan on freenode.net doesnt provides help to People who want to overcome there problems. We Exactly wanted a Virtual place where people can meet with Linux Helpers, and cud share there problems and difficulties with them, so that, we can do our best Solving there problems. A website with forums, isnt the only way to conquer all the troubles relating Linux, IRC has a enviroment of its own.
Our Channel #LinuxPakistan has 24/7 helpers, doing there best to provide News, Updates and the cure of Linux related problems. We have Administration and bots there at our channel, so that they protect the channel 24/7.
Being at #LinuxPakistan @ Undernet, you all can even set a meeting weekly of monthly in which we can all share News and other stuff Relating Linux Pakistan.
I tried my best to differentiate between
"/server irc.undernet.org then they can also
/server irc.freenode.net "

Hope, you will all try to get what we are trying to say.
- Thankyou
DiGiTaL
Cadet

WLM: digital@digitalunix.ro
Yahoo Messenger: digitalpakistan@yahoo.com

Return to “%s” General