I didnt get the cds

General discussion about PLUC and Linux in Pakistan.

I didnt get the cds

Postby ahsan_sana » Tue Sep 20, 2005 5:41 pm

I sent the money 2 months ago
i havnt got any cds yet
can u help plz
ahsan_sana
Cadet

Postby jargon » Tue Sep 20, 2005 6:34 pm

geez!
please delete this post.
you're posting useless things in the wrong forum section;
if you have a problem I'd advise emailing/pming the appropriate person directly.
Morever, your message is so vague.
jargon
jargon
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby farhantoqeer » Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:24 pm

its not useless his money is involved :) though he should ask them first that they got money from him or not ;)
A: Yes
Q: Is top-posting bad?
farhantoqeer
Major General

Salam

Postby AsadRasheed » Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:09 pm

Dear ahsan_sana,

Its never happen,its impossible that linuxpakistan get your cd's order and you not get cd's from 2 months.
check again who you send money and mail all info at cd@linuxpakistan.net .

BTW this is not place to post such things.

Regards,
M Asad Rasheed
registered linux user #394856
http://www.bsdpakistan.org
AsadRasheed
Battalion Quarter Master Havaldaar

No reply

Postby ahsan_sana » Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:24 am

I recieved a confirmation email that they have
recieved the money

But after that no contact
i hav mailed cd@linuxpakistan.net three times
ahsan_sana
Cadet

Postby mahin » Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:28 pm

I am sorry to hear that you have not rceived the CD's. This is the first time I am hearing a complain but I suppose there is always first time for every thing :).

I did received email on 24th July and called same day 04694- 600xxx informing you that there is no Courier service and pointed to you that you have ordered Woody [ 7 CD's ] while we have now Sarge [ 14 CD's ]. Only Courier willing to accept delivery was charging too much [ 3 times what you paid ] keeping in view the difference in price of CD's [ we did not asked you to pay ] I followed your instruction to send it through mail. Did that on 27th.

Received an email from you on 5th Aug with this message:
From where i can get the cd,s burned in Rawalpindi.

If you have sent any message after 5th August then I have certainly not received same, please re-send.

Regarding reply to your 5th Aug message as I have to ask around and I did asked which took time though they excused. Beside there was no follow up from your side so I kept quite, I am sorry for not replying , I must have informed you.

As you can see there is no way for me to know un-less you inform that you have not received the CD's. Your silence is the normal behaviour of majority who never inform so I have not bothered to ask you. After all I did called you? May I ask did you tried to call me even to complain before posting here ?

Now to fix your problem, send the email with yuor current address along with your phone contact and the CD's you paid for will be sent.

I will follow it up with post office, you need not worry. Only yesterday some one from Pattoki sent me this:

A-O-A
Tariq Farooqi Shab
Mony order No.4582 dated 10/09/05 Rs.175-00 Return Back me.
Please Confirm Your Postal Address
Tariq Farooqi
4-E-1/6 Nazimabad Karachi
So i send Again.

Some thing weird is happeing with Post Office :) btw that person did received his CD's :) when I received his email. This is our normal practice, if there is delay then I make sure that I have acknowledgement / proof that my message about delay has been delivered. After all I did called you also :).
mahin
Major

Website: http://www.linuxpakistan.net/wiki/index.php/LinuxPakistanKarachi

Postby mahin » Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:56 pm

I agree with every thing you say except following part:
jargon wrote:please delete this post.

As per our policy nothing could be deleted, except by the original poster. All we can do in case of objectionable post move it to non public area.

In this case I do not find any thing objectionable in his post. He paid money, I talked to him on phone, followed his instructions, did him a favour of sending him 15 CD [ 14 Sarge 1 Skolelinux - this is our normal practice, those who buy know about it :) ] instead of 7 he paid for.

If the Post Office botched up am I responsible? Particularly in this case when he has not bothered even to inform me that he has not received the CD's.
mahin
Major

Website: http://www.linuxpakistan.net/wiki/index.php/LinuxPakistanKarachi

Postby linx9 » Wed Oct 12, 2005 12:21 am

I've done business with Mr. Tariq once and he was very helpful and kind enough to send me 6 CD's of Knoppix, SlackWare & Fedora Core 2 within 2 days time. I didn't really expect the delivery to be so fast, but i was impressed that somone here finally did it :).. You have nothing to fear, b'coz you can count on these guys when the time comes...
linx9
Naik

Postby mir_sheely » Sun Nov 06, 2005 2:32 pm

Tariq Bhai is an Excellent, Brilliant and very kind man, he never bothered anyone, I have dealt with him quite a number of time. Tariq BHai I am Moiez from Quetta. ANyway Ahsan bro forget it what happened and let restart it. 275 is a small amount in reward of peace and good moralty. Its all missunderstanding.
A PC without LIN is like a Universe without Earth.
mir_sheely
Havaldaar

WLM: moiez_qta@hotmail.com
Yahoo Messenger: nhsn_qta

Postby crazy_frog » Fri Dec 16, 2005 10:16 am

farhantoqeer wrote:its not useless his money is involved :) though he should ask them first that they got money from him or not ;)

I would go with you buddy .... btw who's Tariq ? ... I wanna meet this cool guy 8)
crazy_frog
Naik

WLM: klean_soul@yahoo.com
Yahoo Messenger: klean_soul@yahoo.com

what cds?

Postby phoenix » Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:38 pm

hey if you ordered 12 sets of Slackware 10.0, then you are out of luck bcaz the courier guy delivered them to me, and i'm not giving them back to you!
__/__/__/__/__/__/__/__/__/__/__/__/
Pakistan - Kashmir
__/__/__/__/__/__/__/__/__/__/__/__/
phoenix
Havaldaar

Yahoo Messenger: arslanone

Return to “%s” General