Mail Server Configuration

General discussion about PLUC and Linux in Pakistan.

Mail Server Configuration

Postby sasif » Mon Nov 21, 2005 3:30 pm

Assalam-o-Alikum

Is there any person who is runnig Send Mail Or Qmail in their Environment.

Plz Send the Configuration Files and Steps to configure Send mail Or Qmail.


Thanks
Syed Asif Mansoor
sasif
Cadet
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2005 12:21 am
WLM: asf_sad@hotmail.com
Yahoo Messenger: asf_sad@yahoo.com
Location: Karachi

Re:

Postby LinuxFreaK » Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:40 pm

Dear sasif,
Salam,

For Qmail.

http://www.lifewithqmail.org
http://www.qmailrocks.org

Best Regards.
Farrukh Ahmed
LinuxFreaK
Site Admin
 
Posts: 5132
Joined: Fri May 02, 2003 10:24 am
ICQ: 82075802
Website: http://www.linuxpakistan.net/wiki/index.php?pagename=LinuxFreak
WLM: f4fahmed@hotmail.com
Yahoo Messenger: f4fahmed@yahoo.com
AOL: linuxpakistan@aol.com
Location: Karachi

Postby asaddotcom » Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:00 pm

very difficult and long steps of Qmail.
I will do it in my free time :D
Thanking You...

ครค๔
www.apnicollection.com | www.wikisoft.pk
asaddotcom
Company Havaldaar Major
 
Posts: 195
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2005 7:21 pm
ICQ: 172131405
Website: http://www.apnicollection.com
WLM: asaddotcom@msn.com
Yahoo Messenger: asaddotcom2002@yahoo.com
AOL: AsadDotCom
Location: Lahore, PK

Re: Mail Server Configuration

Postby lambda » Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:55 pm

don't use qmail if postfix will work for you.
lambda
Major General
 
Posts: 3452
Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 7:04 pm
Website: http://www.hungry.com/~fn/
Location: Lahore

Re: Mail Server Configuration

Postby nayyares » Sat Jan 07, 2006 5:58 pm

sasif wrote:Assalam-o-Alikum

Is there any person who is runnig Send Mail Or Qmail in their Environment.

Plz Send the Configuration Files and Steps to configure Send mail Or Qmail.


Thanks


Hello,

I have have configured it using my own developed Qmail Installer, which is a bootable cd, what you have to do is just boot your mail-server and give answers to some question at the end you will get

QMAIL + MYSQL + Fedora Core (1,2,3,4 any one you need) :)

if you need it, let me know, I will provide you, UNLESS THE PERANT COMPANY WHICH HAS THE COPYRIGHTS ALLOWS ME :)

Thanks
Nayyar Ahmad
RHCE, CCNA, OCP DBA
nayyares aT fedoraproject DoT org
blogs: nayyares.blogspot.com
nayyares
Battalion Quarter Master Havaldaar
 
Posts: 237
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:47 pm
Website: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/NayyarAhmad
WLM: nayyares@hotmail.com
Location: JNB, SA

Re: Mail Server Configuration

Postby nayyares » Sat Jan 07, 2006 5:59 pm

lambda wrote:don't use qmail if postfix will work for you.


Hello,

can you give any good reason to go for postfix instead of QMAIL?

thanks
Nayyar Ahmad

RHCE, CCNA, OCP DBA

nayyares aT fedoraproject DoT org

blogs: nayyares.blogspot.com
nayyares
Battalion Quarter Master Havaldaar
 
Posts: 237
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:47 pm
Website: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/NayyarAhmad
WLM: nayyares@hotmail.com
Location: JNB, SA

Re: Mail Server Configuration

Postby mahin » Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:28 am

nayyares wrote:
lambda wrote:don't use qmail if postfix will work for you.


Hello,

can you give any good reason to go for postfix instead of QMAIL?

thanks



nayyares wrote:f you need it, let me know, I will provide you, UNLESS THE PERANT COMPANY WHICH HAS THE COPYRIGHTS ALLOWS ME


Please proceed and ask Bernstein's to include Qmail and distribute it the way you are describing :).

Unless he has changed [ never bothered to follow it up in a long while ] refusal to let you do what you want and share with others is IMHO one reason not to use Qmail.

What is the fun in working if you can not show off :?: err :!: share :)

Technical comparison I will leave it upon lambda to fight for Postfix :).
mahin
Major
 
Posts: 605
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2002 8:00 pm
Website: http://www.linuxpakistan.net/wiki/index.php/LinuxPakistanKarachi
Location: Karachi

Re: Mail Server Configuration

Postby lambda » Sun Jan 08, 2006 6:22 pm

nayyares wrote:can you give any good reason to go for postfix instead of QMAIL?


see my comments here.
lambda
Major General
 
Posts: 3452
Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 7:04 pm
Website: http://www.hungry.com/~fn/
Location: Lahore

Re: Mail Server Configuration

Postby lambda » Sun Jan 08, 2006 6:27 pm

nayyares wrote:if you need it, let me know, I will provide you, UNLESS THE PERANT COMPANY WHICH HAS THE COPYRIGHTS ALLOWS ME :)

i assume you've read this? and this?
lambda
Major General
 
Posts: 3452
Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 7:04 pm
Website: http://www.hungry.com/~fn/
Location: Lahore

Re: Mail Server Configuration

Postby nayyares » Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:34 am

mahin wrote:
nayyares wrote:
lambda wrote:don't use qmail if postfix will work for you.


Hello,

can you give any good reason to go for postfix instead of QMAIL?

thanks



nayyares wrote:f you need it, let me know, I will provide you, UNLESS THE PERANT COMPANY WHICH HAS THE COPYRIGHTS ALLOWS ME


Please proceed and ask Bernstein's to include Qmail and distribute it the way you are describing :).


Ok, i will try to do that

Unless he has changed [ never bothered to follow it up in a long while ] refusal to let you do what you want and share with others is IMHO one reason not to use Qmail.

What is the fun in working if you can not show off :?: err :!: share :)


This shows how stupid you are.

Technical comparison I will leave it upon lambda to fight for Postfix :).


if you were unable to comment, why you spent time to reply this post.
Nayyar Ahmad

RHCE, CCNA, OCP DBA

nayyares aT fedoraproject DoT org

blogs: nayyares.blogspot.com
nayyares
Battalion Quarter Master Havaldaar
 
Posts: 237
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:47 pm
Website: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/NayyarAhmad
WLM: nayyares@hotmail.com
Location: JNB, SA


Return to “%s” General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron