DISSAPOINTED!!!!

General discussion about PLUC and Linux in Pakistan.
alig
Cadet

DISSAPOINTED!!!!

Post by alig »

when i first became a member i was astonished to see the creativity and handling of site. CHECK OUT www.linuxiso.org

The moderators should definately revsmp the site

Ali
farhanksa
Subedar

pls expalin wt do u mean

Post by farhanksa »

salam
i didnt got ur point..wt r u trying to say.??? :shock:
alig
Cadet

COPIED SITE!!

Post by alig »

i meant that the site is copied. evry feature has been taken from linuxiso.org . the layout the options. cant we make something different???

Ali
kadnan
Battalion Quarter Master Havaldaar

huh????

Post by kadnan »

What are you trying to say Dude?

FYI linuxpakistan.net is using Opensource softwares for example

1)Post Nuke -(Open source Content Mgmt System)
2)phpBB -(the forum)

and you should have idea that We(linuxpakistan.net) are NOT the only one using these packages

lots of websites using above mentioned packages so offcourse you will find similarlity

-this is not Web designing contest,the main goal was to establish a platform where pakistani linux users can share their problems and can discuss other things not ABOUT web designing and web development Skills

p:s didnt you read this

Powered by phpBB 2.0.1 © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
and Powed by Post Nuke?

bye
kadnan

Libaudio Package

Post by kadnan »

Saalam
during arTs installation,I was aksed to install libaudio http://oss.sgi.com/projects/audiofile/

but some how i am getting Forbidden Error
if anyone have source tar balls for <b>libaudio</b> then please let me know

-adnan[/b]
mahin
Major

Re: COPIED SITE!!

Post by mahin »

alig wrote: <snip> cant we make something different???

Ali
Yes! Why not we can add Urdu support and make it look different :) Any volunteers ? :)

BTW Linuxiso.org also copied from the source we copied :) Every thing said and done compare us with any LUG and then inform us what PLUC is not offering. Please compare us with those who charge there members as much our members pay to PLUC :).

We have to go long way yet your initial feelings are the correct one :).

Have a nice day!
linuxgeek
Site Admin

Post by linuxgeek »

Hmms ....

yes we should add support of urdu to the site , we have a person on board our wagon ( PLUC Express ) :p ... Faisal Nasim , he wrote an english to urdu translator .. and i guess he'll be willing to help us out in this summer :) for an urdu version of LinuxPakistan . By the way .. english is a far better way of communication as compared with urdu as almost everyone who's surfing online knows a lil english ....

regards

--uppal
Junaid Saeed Uppal
uppal at linux dot net dot pk
Cell : +92.345.8586045
kadnan

Post by kadnan »

linuxgeek wrote:Hmms ....

yes we should add support of urdu to the site , we have a person on board our wagon ( PLUC Express ) :p ... Faisal Nasim , he wrote an english to urdu translator .. and i guess he'll be willing to help us out in this summer :) for an urdu version of LinuxPakistan . By the way .. english is a far better way of communication as compared with urdu as almost everyone who's surfing online knows a lil english ....

regards

--uppal
-aah i didn`t know faisal nasim is also member of our list,i think this guy has worked on Unicode

-yeah one could post in roman urdu :P something like "Kiya haal hain" <:

-during rh installation i found Urdu in Default language list,i chose that but X server got mad and didnt start well,they shoudn`t include Urdu name while it doesn`t exist at all <:
fawad
Site Admin

Post by fawad »

AOA guys,
We are inshallah going to put the entire site under revision control (the repository is up and running. It's just not public yet). That'll let the critics put their code where their mouth is (so to speak).
I agree that the site needs a ton of work, but this is a one (or three) man show right now. I've asked for help countless times, but haven't ever gotten a single response (the ppl who do help out know who they are). There's nothing more I'd like than for the situation to change in the future.
mrkkhattak
Site Admin

Post by mrkkhattak »

Assalamualaikum,

Fawad is right. He has been asking the members for help regarding the new version of LinuxPakistan.net .. but we didn't get much help ...

LinuxPakistan.net is a community ... it is not a person's company or portal ... so anybody is welcome to help us improve this, not only by criticizing but to give solutions too ... :-)

We will look forward for our members to come with new ideas to come & improve this site. thank u ...

Regards,

-Meraj