Best Place to Do Linux Certification in Pakistan

General discussion about PLUC and Linux in Pakistan.
mrkkhattak
Site Admin

Post by mrkkhattak »

Assalamualaikum,

Pls let me know where could I get this "PTG interactive cyberclassroom" in karachi ?

Thank you in advance ... :-)

Regards,

-Meraj
Kompoter
Cadet

Post by Kompoter »

Faraz.Fazil wrote:Well i guess im very late in replying to this thread...but i found this debate intresting.

Mahin is right on track here.
Indeed, the best linux certs one can acquire are the RHCE or the LPI.
Unfortunately , in pakistan , there are no good training institutes that may help u in preparing for these certs.For taking these exams, too, there are no exam centres here in pak.mahin mentioned vu, i dont know if they conduct rhce or lpi exams.So one may have to appear for these exmas from some other country like singapore etc.

As for training material, indeed komputer i agree with u that these books publishers should sell books atleast those of linux at reasonable rates.
I paid a visit to urdu bazaar karachi.They have got some good books.But most of the good books are non pirate version and are quite expensive.The pirate ones are really cheap as low as rupees 150 per book but they are mostly old books.

I have got a really good ebook collection on various stuff and esp linux.
I have got some study guides on rhce and lpi exams from osborne and mcgraw hill,i have got some rhce exam simulators, video training guides from mark romaranski and some more stuff in electronic format on linux learning.

If u want the names of some good ebook titles on linux/rhce/lpi , feel free to contact me.I may be able to give u some links to download that stuff, if u got a fast connection.

The PTG interactive cyberclassroom on redhat 8 is an excellent video training guide for newbies who want to learn linux in short period of time.It is prepared by the world's leading linux expert mark romaranski and is available on 2 cds here in pak for only rupees 60..so do get hold of it.I already have my copy.

I can refer u to some more good stuff if u require.

Again, sorry for being late. :evil:

:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: thx for such a cool reply, infact i am looking for such post before.. you are never soo late. in Information Technology...

How can I contact you ??

I am in Islamabad Right now.. but I am also a karachities.. born n bread in karachi :wink: .. i know places like urdu bazaar will create another Sir Syed again..

I again.. thx for ur post....

i will contact you myself..

regards

KOmPuTer UnGnier
Faraz.Fazil
Major General

Post by Faraz.Fazil »

=====================================
PTG Interactive's Training Course for Red Hat Linux

Mark Komarinski
Publisher: Prentice Hall PTR
Boxed Set
ISBN: 013034799X

Master enterprise-level Red Hat Linux administration fast, with video training straight from a world-renowned Linux expert! PTG Interactive's Training Course for Red Hat Linux teaches key techniques through video walkthroughs, powerful browser-based instruction, animations, audio commentary, hands-on exercises, and a customized printed course workbook

With this digital video package, students can master Red Hat Linux and other linux system administration visually, by watching a leading Linux expert walk through every key task, explaining exactly what to do?and why. This package combines powerful browser-based instruction, animations, demos, audio commentary, hands-on assessment exercises, and dozens of digital videos straight from the desktop of Mark Komarinski?Red Hat Certified Engineer, Linux Journal columnist, and maintainer of the Linux Printing Usage HOWTO. Komarinski covers every task students need to learn: installation, configuration, account management, security, networking, Web/email services, backup/restore, RHPM, kernel recompilation, troubleshooting, and much more.
==============================

This package is a 2 cd set.The cd's also have an ebook version of the entire printed book.So if u buy the cd, you get the all the training videos and the ebook as well.

This PTG Interactive's Training Course for Red Hat Linux is available on all good cd stores here in karachi.If u cant find it, just pay a visit to RainBow Centre, the main market for cd's in karachi.It there is each and every shop in rainbow.For eas , you may go to the mehak cd corner in rainbow.

Remember to get the latest 2 cd version for no more than rupees 60.
mrkkhattak wrote:Assalamualaikum,

Pls let me know where could I get this "PTG interactive cyberclassroom" in karachi ?

Thank you in advance ... :-)

Regards,

-Meraj
Faraz.Fazil
Major General

Post by Faraz.Fazil »

Feel free to add me on msn/icq/aol

MSN: faraz7476@hotmail.com
ICQ#: 101624159
AOl: farazu2@aol.com

Please do introduce urself when u add me..hehe
Kompoter wrote:
Faraz.Fazil wrote:Well i guess im very late in replying to this thread...but i found this debate intresting.

Mahin is right on track here.
Indeed, the best linux certs one can acquire are the RHCE or the LPI.
Unfortunately , in pakistan , there are no good training institutes that may help u in preparing for these certs.For taking these exams, too, there are no exam centres here in pak.mahin mentioned vu, i dont know if they conduct rhce or lpi exams.So one may have to appear for these exmas from some other country like singapore etc.

As for training material, indeed komputer i agree with u that these books publishers should sell books atleast those of linux at reasonable rates.
I paid a visit to urdu bazaar karachi.They have got some good books.But most of the good books are non pirate version and are quite expensive.The pirate ones are really cheap as low as rupees 150 per book but they are mostly old books.

I have got a really good ebook collection on various stuff and esp linux.
I have got some study guides on rhce and lpi exams from osborne and mcgraw hill,i have got some rhce exam simulators, video training guides from mark romaranski and some more stuff in electronic format on linux learning.

If u want the names of some good ebook titles on linux/rhce/lpi , feel free to contact me.I may be able to give u some links to download that stuff, if u got a fast connection.

The PTG interactive cyberclassroom on redhat 8 is an excellent video training guide for newbies who want to learn linux in short period of time.It is prepared by the world's leading linux expert mark romaranski and is available on 2 cds here in pak for only rupees 60..so do get hold of it.I already have my copy.

I can refer u to some more good stuff if u require.

Again, sorry for being late. :evil:

:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: thx for such a cool reply, infact i am looking for such post before.. you are never soo late. in Information Technology...

How can I contact you ??

I am in Islamabad Right now.. but I am also a karachities.. born n bread in karachi :wink: .. i know places like urdu bazaar will create another Sir Syed again..

I again.. thx for ur post....

i will contact you myself..

regards

KOmPuTer UnGnier
mrkkhattak
Site Admin

Post by mrkkhattak »

Assalamualaikum,

Thank you ... I will InshAllah get it there.

Regards,

-Meraj