I had a problem in installing Conxcent Modem in RedHat Linux 9 kernel 2.4.8-20. Can anyone help me in that? I also cannot install my sound drivers. The linux drivers are there but they are above me. I uncompressed it. I am pasting the text in it as I dont understand much of that. Maybe anyone of u can understand that and help me.
Audio driver for CM8338/CM8738 chips by Chen-Li Tien
On-board C-Media chips
1. Support modem interface for 8738. (select in kernel configuration)
2. Enable S/PDIF-in to S/PDIF-out (S/PDIF loop).
3. Enable 4 channels analog duplicate mode on 3 jack or 4 jack
4. Enable joystick support. (joystick driver needed)
STEPS TO BUILD DRIVER
1. Backup the Config.in and Makefile in the sound driver directory
The Configure.help provide help when you config driver in step
4, please backup the original one (/usr/src/linux/Document) and
copy this file.
The cmpci is document for the driver in detail, please copy it
to /usr/src/linux/Document/sound so you can refer it. Backup if
there is already one.
2. Extract the tar file by 'tar xvzf cmpci-xx.tar.gz' in the above
3. Change directory to /usr/src/linux
4. Config cm8338 driver by 'make menuconfig', 'make config' or
'make xconfig' command.
5. Please select Sound Card (CONFIG_SOUND=m) support and CMPCI
driver (CONFIG_SOUND_CMPCI=m) as modules. Resident mode not tested.
For driver option, please refer 'DRIVER PARAMETER'
6. Compile the kernel if necessary.
7. Compile the modules by 'make modules'.
8. Install the modules by 'make modules_install'
1. Before first time to run the driver, create module dependency by
2. To install the driver manually, enter 'modprobe cmpci'.
3. Driver installation for various distributions:
a. Slackware 4.0
Add the 'modprobe cmpci' command in your /etc/rc.d/rc.modules
file.so you can start the driver automatically each time booting.
b. Caldera OpenLinux 2.2
Use LISA to load the cmpci module.
c. RedHat 6.0 and S.u.S.E. 6.1
Add following command in /etc/conf.modules:
alias sound cmpci
also visit http://www.cmedia.com.tw for installation instruction.
Some functions for the cm8738 can be configured in Kernel Configuration
or modules parameters. Set these parameters to 1 to enable.
spdif_loop: Enable S/PDIF loop, this route S/PDIF-in to S/PDIF-out
four_ch: Enable 4 channels mode, rear-out or line-in will output
the same as line-out.
rear_out: Enable this if you have independent rear-out jacket on
your sound card, otherwise line-in will be used as
modem: You will need to set this parameter if you want to use
the HSP modem. You need install the pctel.o, the modem
joystich: Enable joystick. You will need to install Linux joystick
General discussion about PLUC and Linux in Pakistan.
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest