Distrib Point in PIndi/Islamabad

General discussion about PLUC and Linux in Pakistan.
Tauseef
Naik

Distrib Point in PIndi/Islamabad

Post by Tauseef »

I was wondering which shop to go for getting PLUC cds from ???. In pindi I do not see any new CDs released, i.e there is no RH9 update nor is there any CD beyond Mandrake 9.0

Also it'd be great if you guys release CDs with other Open Source software such as OpenOffice and newer KDE, GNOME etc downloaded from the net. The CDs may also contain games, media players and some productivity tools such as newer versions of Postgres, and compilers or even Kernel patches, which do not come standard with distributions. Also it will be quite a relief for people with dialup connections to get CDs for update , maintenance releases etc.

Majority of people use Windows because they get more updates for individual products off-shelf from the market (Even if it is illegal). Having choice to get updates like this can boost some confidence in them and make Linux more popular :)
usamahashimi

Post by usamahashimi »

Hi
Yes and one who answer that above post will please also tell us the telephone number of linuxpakistan office in Islamabad/Rawalpindi.
Thanks.
mahin
Major

Post by mahin »

Please contact Zaidi http://www.linuxpakistan.net/wiki/index ... nIslamabad

He is only a volunteer so you have to keep that in mind when asking for any help.

If you your self or any one you know is willing to stock/re-sell Linux CD then contact me through PM.

We have two condition:

1. Place must be easily accessable through public transport.
2. There must be a telephon number.

We do not insist upon a shop [ an office or home office is also acceptable ] what we prefer is how easy it is for people to reach there.

BTW this is an open offer for every one any where in Pakistan.
mahin
Major

Re: Distrib Point in PIndi/Islamabad

Post by mahin »

Tauseef wrote:I
Also it'd be great if you guys release CDs with other Open Source software such as OpenOffice and newer KDE, GNOME etc downloaded from the net. The CDs may also contain games, media players and some productivity tools such as newer versions of Postgres, and compilers or even Kernel patches, which do not come standard with distributions. Also it will be quite a relief for people with dialup connections to get CDs for update , maintenance releases etc.
Thanks for the suggestion, we are working on similar project under which we plan to release at least one CD every month.

It will be available through mail as it would be on CDR, once volume is big then some distributor may be persuaded to distribute like any onther CD. Prime focus of this monthly CD are those on Dial-up/DCN.
umair007
Naik

hey

Post by umair007 »

mahin;
i have already told fantasies in sadr is the best shop for some linux stuff the most distros found under one roof