My computer only like Mandrake!!!!

Discussion regarding the installation and configuration of Linux distributions.

My computer only like Mandrake!!!!

Postby Daboo » Thu Jan 02, 2003 8:40 am

I thought the installation problem was due to the CD-ROM so yesterday I got it changed.

I tried installing Red Hat 4 times, on the 5th try it installed. But while I was writing an email, a click sound from the computer and then everything froze. Tried installing ASP, stalled, Debian I got half way. Mandrake installed on the first try but froze once just the same way as Red Hat. I don't know what it could be. I even got the hard drive replaced. It is like a winding sound, then a small click, and then everything freezes. Also why does Mozilla mess up on Mandrake. It just crashes and refuses to boot again.
Daboo
Cadet

Postby majorwoo » Thu Jan 09, 2003 11:12 am

were you able to isolate where theh sound came from? there are alof if pieces of hardware that could cause that problem, but only a few usualyl make noice

hard drives, cdroms and fans being the big ones

Quiet brain, or I'll stab you with a Q-tip.
majorwoo
Lance Naik

AOL: majorwoo

Mandrake versus Red Hat

Postby Daboo » Sun Jan 12, 2003 3:38 pm

I got the CD-Rom replaced from LG to HP. The Hard Drive seems fine. But it refuses to install Red Hat. Reads music and Mandrake CD. Also could this be due to a bad cd batch of Red Hat flooding the market, as one common thing is that Linux Racer is very slow on it.
Daboo
Cadet

Postby AsaifullahK » Thu Jan 23, 2003 1:36 pm

as far as the sounds are concerned, i really think that's a hardware specific issue.

Where failing to install Redhat is concerned : YES, the copies of RH 8.0 flooding the market are messed up. The second CD fails in the test, while the first CD, even after passing the test, is plagued with a critical missing file, as a result of which installation is aborted
Regards,
Ali Saifullah Khan

Hail The Penguin !!!
AsaifullahK
Cadet

WLM: alisaifullah@hotmail.com
Yahoo Messenger: saifulla1984@yahoo.com

Return to “%s” Installation