Linux on USB flash drive.

Discussion regarding the installation and configuration of Linux distributions.

Linux on USB flash drive.

Postby Aadil » Fri Nov 12, 2004 12:16 am

I did a search and the only relevant thread I could find about the subject was this, which is quite old and at that time, I suppose adequate info was not availible over `Linux on flash drives' - I may very well be wrong though.
Anyhow, while browsing/reading, I came across this article on arstechnica.

Code: Select all

How many times have you sat at a computer and thought, If Linux was installed on this box I could... Wish no longer. Instead of carrying around bulky Live CDs or an external hard drive, how about Linux in your pocket? The combination of a USB key and SLAX, the Linux distro used in this example, is a powerful combination when it comes to troubleshooting and spreading the word about Linux. The ability to boot the key, browse the computer's hard drive (SLAX has NTFS support built in), and then locate and burn a file to CD can be very helpful, especially with a computer that is on its last legs. So grab your key and come with me, when we're done you'll have a new tool to help out in the computing trenches.

Hopefuly, when next time someone searches for the term USB, they'd use this article as a reference.

Linux on a flash drive.
Aadil
Naik

Return to “%s” Installation