How I learn about Linux

Discussion regarding the installation and configuration of Linux distributions.
rhcepk
Naik

How I learn about Linux

Post by rhcepk »

ASALAM-O-ALIKUM to everyone I love to linux I want to learn about this but I dont know how I heard that SLACKWARE 10.2 is best for beginer please tell me how I learn complete about this I am much interested I want to install on my PC winxp is installed on my PC I want to make dual my system with linux please anyone can help me to install and configur the SLACKWARE 10.2 for dialup later for networking thanks in advance.
Take Care
ALLAH PAK Bless you
ALLAH HAFIZ
saquib_javed
Naib Subedar

Re: How I learn about Linux

Post by saquib_javed »

rhcepk wrote:I heard that SLACKWARE 10.2 is best for beginer
:shock: who told u that ?

try fedora or mandriva then goto slackware
Use Linux and feel Free.
OR
Feel free to use Linux. ;)
mahin
Major

Re: How I learn about Linux

Post by mahin »

rhcepk wrote: I heard that SLACKWARE 10.2 is best for beginer please tell me how I learn
Now a days if one is willing to read then Slackware is not as difficult as it used to be, there are slackware based Distro's which are easier to inslall like Vector, STX, SLAX, STUX etc.

One advantage of Slackware is that it forces you to learn / read before you can use it like other Distro's { Fedora, SuSE, Mandriva, Vector, etc] this could be a good thing if you are student of Computer Science . It will take you few hours / days depending upon your skill level to get every thing working, once done then you can do almost any thing with Slackware.

If you are user of Computers and just want to move over to Linux then if your System is modern enough [ minimum PIII with 512 Ram ] try SuSE / Mandriva / Fedora else go for any light Distro like Vector, STX , Ubuntu, Skolelinux, SLAX etc.

Hope this helps.
mahin
Major

Post by mahin »

Sorry Forgot to mention you can download Jake Paulus Tutorial [ in English ] from following link:

http://cbt4free.org/CBT4Free.zip

These are Free and you can share them.

There is another set of Tutorial by Kamran Azeem [ in Urdu ] check following link:

www.wbitt.com/urducbts

Please note there are some issues with this link and it is not working either it will be fixed or an alternate link will be provided. If you wish then you can have it on DVD for Rs 500.00, contact Kamran Azeem [ kamran AT wbitt DOT com ] direct.
nomankhn
Colonel

Post by nomankhn »

mahin wrote:Sorry Forgot to mention you can download Jake Paulus Tutorial [ in English ] from following link:

http://cbt4free.org/CBT4Free.zip

These are Free and you can share them.

There is another set of Tutorial by Kamran Azeem [ in Urdu ] check following link:

www.wbitt.com/urducbts

Please note there are some issues with this link and it is not working either it will be fixed or an alternate link will be provided. If you wish then you can have it on DVD for Rs 500.00, contact Kamran Azeem [ kamran AT wbitt DOT com ] direct.
Dear brother,

both cbts links are not working.

Regards
Noman Liaquat Khanzada Rajput
Linux means productivity and fun.
We all love Linux, but it's also a fact that some people might not be able to migrate.
mahin
Major

Post by mahin »

nomankhn wrote: both cbts links are not working.
About the link for Jake's Tutorial I need to check with him about new link for Linux related tutorials. There is other page with mixed tutorials please check it:

http://cbt4free.org/videos.php

Problem with Kamran Azeem's page has not been fixed, we are waiting for any word from him.
rhcepk
Naik

thanks

Post by rhcepk »

Thanks to everyone well I use fedora core 5 INSHALLAH but I have laptop with 256RAM and 2.0GHZ with DVD I dont know fedora core 5 will work here better or not
but thanks you reply well
I want to start cable net in my area can anyone tell me the cost to start the cable net or WIFI
Take care
ALLAH HAFIZ
shakeel_jee7
Naik

Linux for Newbies..

Post by shakeel_jee7 »

AA
Dear!
If you are new to Linux, then you may start from "SimplyMEPIS". It is very easy to start from because it is "Paka hua HALWA". You can learn much from it. You may find it easily on market. It is only in one CD but have almost every package on it.
If you cannot find it, then I have it, I can send you if you give me Blank CD.
By the way, Where do u live?
AH
Shakeel
(I used many Flavours, but I think it is the easiest of all for Beginners.).
lambda
Major General

Re: thanks

Post by lambda »

rhcepk wrote:I dont know fedora core 5 will work here better or not
find out what hardware you have in the laptop (what type of wireless ethernet, video, etc), and check fedora core 5's documentation to see if it's supported. the only other way to find out if it'll work is by actually booting up using fc5.
rhcepk
Naik

Post by rhcepk »

ASALAM-O-ALIKUM
Sahkeel thanks you really I need this becasue I am new I want to learn Shakeel bahi i live in Sargodha it is very difficult to get cd from you I checked my market nothing here except RedHat shakeel Bahi if I want to do RHCE do you have information about this
thank you
Take Care

ALLAH HAFIZ
rhcepk
Naik

Post by rhcepk »

ASALAM-O-ALIKUM
Sahkeel thanks you really I need this becasue I am new I want to learn Shakeel bahi i live in Sargodha it is very difficult to get cd from you I checked my market nothing here except RedHat shakeel Bahi if I want to do RHCE do you have information about this
thank you
Take Care

ALLAH HAFIZ
shakeel_jee7
Naik

Linux CDs and RHCE reply...

Post by shakeel_jee7 »

rhcepk wrote:ASALAM-O-ALIKUM
thank you
Take Care

ALLAH HAFIZ
AA
Dear!
I live in Rawalpindi. I am doing Software Engineering from RIU under UET, Taxila and also doing RHCE (Red Hat Certified Engineering) from Cisnix, Rawalpindi.
What type of information you need about RHCE?, I'll help you inshaAllah.

I have following Linux Distro's:

1. Fedora Core 2.(4 cds)
2. Fedora Core 3. (3 CDs)
3. Mandrake 10.0 Community (3 CDs)
4. Mandriva 10.0 2005 Limited Edition (Formally Mandrake). (3 CDs)
5. Adios Live CD. (1 CD)
6. Red Hat Enterprize Linux 4.0 (In the course of RHCE).(Not free available in Market). (4 CDs)
7. SimplyMEPIS Live (1 CD). (You can install it easily.)
8. Lindows OS 4.x

i think the first better version for you is "SimplyMEPIS", because it is very simple
and you can easily learn from it. After that the better of all is "Mandrake Linux".

If u need from me then send me your email address, i'll mail you my home address, then send me Blank CDs and Disto Name you need. or send money for Blank CDs & and posting charges, then I burn CDs and post to you.
Alternatively and easily you can purchase distros from Linux Pakistan from the following URL:
http://www.linuxpakistan.net/wiki/index ... hiSoftware

Thanks
AH
Shakeel Ahmed
Last edited by shakeel_jee7 on Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
rhcepk
Naik

Post by rhcepk »

ASALAM-O-ALIKUM Sahkeel bahi thanks you for reply ok this is my e-mail address :- malikrizwan_143@hotmail.com
please add me in MSN messenegr if you use send me your address I send you Blank CD as well as postage charges INSHALLAH.
information about RHCE actually here in our city ( Sargodha ) any one institute does not offer the RHCE I am interested to do this please tell me the expence of RHCE exam fees duration and what books we need to complete this course also tell me the price of books and CDs need to complete this course.
Thanks to
Take Care.

ALLAH HAFIZ
shakeel_jee7
Naik

RHCE default track...

Post by shakeel_jee7 »

AA
Dear, i'll add you in MSN messenger, but I rarely use messengers. Also I now mostly use Linux. About CDs see your mail.

About RHCE...
Dear, iif you want to do RHCE through proper channel, then:

There are three Official Books namely:
1.RH033 (Red Hat Linux Essentials)
2.RH131 or RH133 (Linux System Administratioin and Troubleshooting)
3.RH253 (Red Hat Linux Administration and Security Administration).

The First book RH033 is for creating the students base in Linux, the second book RH131 or RH133 (both are almost same) and third RH253 is for RHCE exam.
The cost of these three Kits+Training is 25,500. Each Kit includes a book, CD, Discount Vouture and attempting Certificate from Red Hat.
If you buy kit, then there is concession in Exam of $100 that is, instead of $350, they will take $250 (Rs.15000) for Exam. You can contact me on Mobile no. (I've sent you in mail) for complete details and alternative method for doing RHCE.
If you want to do RHCE, then prepare from good institute that are Red Hat Certified Training and Channel partners.
The Exam is about is about 6 hours Lab, total Hands-On experiance in Linux.

You can also see further details from: https://www.redhat.com/training/rhce/courses/