Page 1 of 1

how to allow my all local network to sendmail

Posted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:14 pm
by sonn33
Hi Guys,

Anyone can tell me on how to i allow all my local network to send i have set-up sendmail and my prob i need to vi my access just to add one by one every ip add of my network.

Thank you guys!

Sonn

Posted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:46 pm
by shakirz1
for example you are using following IP Pool 192.168.0.0/24 then your /etc/mail/access will be like this.

192.168.0 RELAY

Posted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:47 am
by sonn33
Thank for the help IDOL.

and my question again how to i edit may cron i have alot of queue mails my worry is to become full my HD

grew WorkList for /var/spool/mqueue to 14000

i need to automate this to delete.

Thank you.
sonn

Re:

Posted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:57 am
by LinuxFreaK
Dear sonn33,
Salam,

shakirz1 wrote:for example you are using following IP Pool 192.168.0.0/24 then your /etc/mail/access will be like this.

192.168.0 RELAY


Do not forget to make your access database by using make command.

# make -C /etc/mail

Best Regards.

Re:

Posted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:00 am
by LinuxFreaK
Dear sonn33,
Salam,

sonn33 wrote:and my question again how to i edit may cron i have alot of queue mails my worry is to become full my HD

grew WorkList for /var/spool/mqueue to 14000

i need to automate this to delete.


Create script which will check files creation time by using find command and remove them.

Below command will delete any file which was created 3 hours ago.

find /var/spool/mqueue -type f -amin +180 -print0 | xargs -0 rm -f

Best Regards.

Posted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:36 pm
by lambda
under normal circumstances, deleting files 3 hours old is a bad idea. what kind of email is going through the server? is a computer on your network infected, and sending out spam?

Posted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:20 pm
by sonn33
actually our marketing are sending large of mail 40000 emails send to our customer every other week that is why i have a large of mailq in may sendmail. it there any other work around to eliminate old mailq?

Posted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:02 am
by x2oxen
i m using postfix for my company for relaying server and daily output emails are about 25000+ and i have never seen queues going above 200 Msgs. I think you should try postfix for that huge emails.

Re:

Posted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:05 am
by LinuxFreaK
Dear lambda,
Salam,

lambda wrote:under normal circumstances, deleting files 3 hours old is a bad idea. what kind of email is going through the server? is a computer on your network infected, and sending out spam?


If he is smart then he can adjust it by him self. We are not here to spoon feed every thing.

Best Regards.

Posted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:22 pm
by x2oxen
Dear farrukh don't forget to pamper first :lol: :P

Re:

Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:22 am
by LinuxFreaK
Dear x2oxen,
Salam,

x2oxen wrote:Dear farrukh don't forget to pamper first :lol: :P


Sorry, I do not get you what do you mean by that ?

Best Regards.