How to read Urdu BBC website better in FC8

Share your expert knowledge and show off your skills.
Ahmad ullah
Lance Naik

How to read Urdu BBC website better in FC8

Post by Ahmad ullah »

Adaab!
I have installed FC8 and have defficulty in reading BBC Urdu website's Urdu font. If any one can help me in this regard, he is most welcome with bundle of thanks.
What is not possible is not impossible!

Ahmad achakzai BUITEMS
Muhammad Saad
Battalion Havaldaar Major

Post by Muhammad Saad »

I can provide you the TTF file by email which you can install in Linux.
Or you can try an alternative. Download the EXE package from BBC Urdu's web-site. Install it in windows. Then copy the file C:\Windows\asunaskh.ttf or may be AsiaTypeNaskh.ttf .
Copy the file to /usr/share/fonts on Linux partition. Or make a directory .fonts in your home directory and copy it there. After that newly started applications will automatically find and load the font.
Ahmad ullah
Lance Naik

Post by Ahmad ullah »

Yar Muhammad Saad! I have Windows OS installed, but does not work, as usual, due to viruses. So plz, send me the solution at : khoban3@yahoo.com.
i shall be greatly thankful to you for that.
What is not possible is not impossible!

Ahmad achakzai BUITEMS
tayyabrana14
Cadet

AoA, your tip Worked very well on Slax linux, thanks a lot

Post by tayyabrana14 »

Muhammad Saad wrote:I can provide you the TTF file by email which you can install in Linux.
Or you can try an alternative. Download the EXE package from BBC Urdu's web-site. Install it in windows. Then copy the file C:\Windows\asunaskh.ttf or may be AsiaTypeNaskh.ttf .
Copy the file to /usr/share/fonts on Linux partition. Or make a directory .fonts in your home directory and copy it there. After that newly started applications will automatically find and load the font.
Thanks a lot.
Last edited by tayyabrana14 on Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tayyabrana14
Cadet

BBC Urdu font

Post by tayyabrana14 »

Muhammad Saad wrote:I can provide you the TTF file by email which you can install in Linux.
Your tip worked very well on Slax Linux, Thanks a lot.