service LISTEN in ENTERPRISE LINUX 4.

Regards
Muhammad Ali
mohdali2
Havaldaar

Post by mohdali2 »

When I tried to connect to the Linux Server using real VNC client
viewer i am receiving the following message:

Unable to connect to host: Connection refused (10061)

Regards
Muhammad Ali
Shahryar
Naik

Post by Shahryar »

you should run vncpasswd after starting vncserver on your linux machine. When U connect from windows this password will need to be given.

But you will only get TVM desktop. For full access to your KDE or Gnome desktop see this:
http://www.skullbox.net/vncserver.php
--
S.S.
--
lambda
Major General

Post by lambda »

actually, all you need to do is fiddle with a few files in /etc to get a gnome or kde desktop under vnc. the last time i did this was several years ago, and on redhat 9, so i don't remember which files i messed with.

i personally don't use vncserver, i use x11vnc. the difference is that x11vnc shares your current desktop, whereas vncserver starts off a separate desktop instance. so, sometimes i start an application on my work machine, and then login from home, type "env DISPLAY=:0 x11vnc -passwd somepwd", and then connect to my running desktop.

vncserver and x11vnc serve different needs, and you can install both at the same time.
syedbilalmasaud
Naib Subedar

Post by syedbilalmasaud »

lambda wrote:actually, all you need to do is fiddle with a few files in /etc to get a gnome or kde desktop under vnc. the last time i did this was several years ago, and on redhat 9, so i don't remember which files i messed with.

i personally don't use vncserver, i use x11vnc. the difference is that x11vnc shares your current desktop, whereas vncserver starts off a separate desktop instance. so, sometimes i start an application on my work machine, and then login from home, type "env DISPLAY=:0 x11vnc -passwd somepwd", and then connect to my running desktop.

vncserver and x11vnc serve different needs, and you can install both at the same time.
Its works simply with vncserver command
just type vncserver set your passwd and check the firewall settings its works on Suse Linux its works but i have not tried this method on redhat linux , but i hope it will work
Cheers :)

:D B I L A L :D
lambda
Major General

Post by lambda »

it works simply with x11vnc, too.
syedbilalmasaud
Naib Subedar

Post by syedbilalmasaud »

lambda wrote:it works simply with x11vnc, too.
Oh yes its works
Cheers :)

:D B I L A L :D