How To Make A PPP (ISP) Server

Taking care of your Linux box.
leolove
Naik

How To Make A PPP (ISP) Server

Post by leolove »

Hi All Users,
This is Leolove Again Needing Your Help. Can Any Body Tell Me How To Create An PPP Server Who Can accept the users through telephone lines and treat them as an Internet Service Provider Server.
Thankx
Asad
LinuxFreaK
Site Admin

Re:

Post by LinuxFreaK »

Dear LeoLove,
Salam,

You can Use KPPP or Red Hat Dialer to Create ISP Connections. and i thought we already Answered your Question at http://www.linuxpakistan.net/forum2x/vi ... .php?t=707 and i prefer you to Read Linux PPP Howto INSAHALLAH this will help you alot if you got any problem then make a call at my cell and lemme know your problem. INSAHALLAH i will try to solve your problem.

Best Regards.
Farrukh Ahmed
leolove
Naik

hi there

Post by leolove »

hi there
u answered me that u told me that before.....i want to remember you that before it i wana connect internet through shell
and now i wana know how to make an internet server so that other peoples can connected to me through telephone lines and use internet
hope u can help me....very very thank you.....
if possible plz send me email some pdf files so i can study it offline...thank you again once again
LinuxFreaK
Site Admin

Re:

Post by LinuxFreaK »

Dear LeoLove,
Salam,

Sir, If you please read out the link which i gave you on my last post then i hope your Query will be Resolved. KPPP is a GUI Dialer Which Runs Under KDE...

Best Regards.
Farrukh Ahmed
leolove
Naik

Sorry Linux Phreak

Post by leolove »

actually i couldnt see it...sorry sir never mind plz.....and can u tell me that......can i got the pdf or zip of that link??? bcoz it is difficult to me to read it online.....if it could then please tell me......and kppp is kde ......whats in gnome? remember that i m using linux first time...can u help me to theorically making an ISP? please reply asap......i want to know that how isp works? is that some hardware is required in it? meant that can i make my home pc an isp server?
and first of all please send me zip or pdf of that link
LinuxFreaK
Site Admin

Re:

Post by LinuxFreaK »

Dear LeoLove,
Salam,

Sir, GNOME has a Dialer named Gtkdial - PPP dialer application, Linux PPP Howto and you said that you want to make your Server work as ISP server, Sir for that you need PRI's and Access Server and Radius Server and Database.

Radius Server = Accounting Software Which Authrenticate Users.
Database = Database where Username and Password Stored.
Accesss Server = Device Which have Modems Like Portmaster MaxTNT
PRI's = PRI is just like Telephone Line, But On One PRI 30 Users Connected to the Server at a Time.

Configure KPPP Or Configure KPPP + Screen Shots. If you have more Queries then lemme know... :)

Best Regards.
Farrukh Ahmed
leolove
Naik

Thanx To All

Post by leolove »

Hi And Thanx To All
is it enough to create an ISP Server? Please Any Body Tell me that how much each equipment cost?
after purchasing of it....what is the procedure to make an isp server.....and can i build withour these equipement....(only a primary server that can accept incoming connectiion and only one user connect at a time)
farhanksa
Subedar

Post by farhanksa »

yes u can make a single line isp :)
but it have many complications...
u need 2 modems with 2 tel lines..
problem is u will be charged tel charges per/pulse means per5min charges.

as all isp no# in pakistan who got figital pri starts from 131...just bcz of this reason.
it depends which services u want to offer the incoming client......mail...chat..games...ftp...AAA...
leolove
Naik

hi dear

Post by leolove »

i knew that two telephone lines and two modems are required.....and all the clients must pay of Rs. 5/per 5 minutes....but its not a comercial projesct its only a deal of few minutes....its only a practical...i want to provide all services.....so kindly please give me the whole procedure not a link because i cant understand that links....hope u can give me a detailed plan how to make that isp server....step by step...
ok then./....
i m waiting for your response