Sendmail configuration / spam issue

Taking care of your Linux box.

Sendmail configuration / spam issue

Postby Net_Spy » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:19 pm

Greetings...
I've just installed sendmail along with spamassisn ,dcc and calmav and little tutorial on that so that I prevent my mailserver to get spam let me tell u that I dont have mx record for my mailserver I just need to forward mails on net .

I need a little assistance regarding iptables rule cause I'm new to it . here is my senerio I have test file which include those clients ip whom i wanted to give the access of smtp

file contains ip address in above format . now all i want is to allow those client via iptables that reads the file and also limit them not to send more then 25 mails in per hours and drop remaining connection who are not in my list . Eth0 is my wan and Eth1 is my lan interface. Looking forward forward for your kind response

Regards
Net_Spy
Net_Spy
Naik

Re: Sendmail configuration / spam issue

Postby LinuxFreaK » Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:15 am

Dear Net_Spy,
Salam,

Net_Spy wrote:I've just installed sendmail along with spamassisn ,dcc and calmav and little tutorial on that so that I prevent my mailserver to get spam let me tell u that I dont have mx record for my mailserver I just need to forward mails on net .

I need a little assistance regarding iptables rule cause I'm new to it . here is my senerio I have test file which include those clients ip whom i wanted to give the access of smtp

file contains ip address in above format . now all i want is to allow those client via iptables that reads the file and also limit them not to send more then 25 mails in per hours and drop remaining connection who are not in my list . Eth0 is my wan and Eth1 is my lan interface. Looking forward forward for your kind response

I think you do not need iptables as if you restrict SMTP port you will be unable to send email.

FYI, http://www.linuxpakistan.net/forum2x/vi ... php?t=8464

Best Regards.
Farrukh Ahmed
LinuxFreaK
Site Admin

Website: http://www.linuxpakistan.net/wiki/index.php?pagename=LinuxFreak
WLM: f4fahmed@hotmail.com
Yahoo Messenger: f4fahmed@yahoo.com
AOL: linuxpakistan@aol.com

Postby syedbilalmasaud » Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:16 pm

have a look at /etc/mail/access file

allow selected and than deny all