Add San Disk

Taking care of your Linux box.
refra
Naik

Add San Disk

Post by refra »

AOA Allz,

How to connect SAN Disk in my linux Box.
lambda
Major General

Post by lambda »

i don't know about you, but i use cables.
Watch out for the Manners Taliban!
Isn't it amazing how so many people can type "linuxpakistan.net" into their browsers but not "google.com"?
LinuxFreaK
Site Admin

Re: Add San Disk

Post by LinuxFreaK »

Dear refra,
Salam,
refra wrote:How to connect SAN Disk in my linux Box.
SanDisk is the manufacture name. Can you please let us know what is the type of disk you are trying to connect to your linux box ?

Best Regards.
Farrukh Ahmed
refra
Naik

Post by refra »

AOA,

when i run the command lspci, it shows me 2 following SAN Entries:

08:01.0 Fibre Channel: QLogic Corp. ISP2422-based 4Gb Fibre Channel to PCI-X HBA (rev 02)
08:01.1 Fibre Channel: QLogic Corp. ISP2422-based 4Gb Fibre Channel to PCI-X HBA (rev 02).

What Utilities & Drives i need to connect my linux box with SAN disk?
ather_36
Naik

Post by ather_36 »

Dear Refre,
If you are using HP StorageWorks, then go to the directory cd /opt/hp/hp_qlaxxx/..Here you find some utilities for probing the WWN Node Number and WWN Port Number. Note down the WWN Port Number and then go to the console of your Storage and assigned the disk against the WWN Port Number. You will find you disk in cat /proc/partition after running the command which is in /opt/hp/hp_qlaxxx.
The command in /opt/hp/hp_qla is lssg , lssd , hp_rescan .These commands initialize your SAN Disk on your Linux Box.
If your using other vendor Storage Box. First Note Down the WWN Port from cat /proc/scsi/qlaxxx/0 cat /proc/scsi/qlaxxx/1... 0-1 means if your using 2 FC card for multipathing and then go to Storage Console and assign the disk.
For correct drivers for multipathing in HP FC Card go to the HP Site and search hp_qla and the card model no. It will be the tar.gz file.After extracting this Check out the INSTALL and README file for installing the drivers. By default Linux probe the driver but dont use this driver cuz multipathing is not enabled in the default driver. OR use HPDMmultipath-4.1.1.tar (Download it from HP) for enabling Multipath in Linux which is called Device-Mapper.
Thanks & Regards
Athar Hussain