Disaster Recovery ... !

Taking care of your Linux box.

Disaster Recovery ... !

Postby mrkkhattak » Sat Nov 22, 2003 11:02 am

Assalamualaikum,

Pls do let me know for any good detailed guidline for disaster linux recovery.

Also if any one could help me to know for tools relating to disaster recovery i.e commercial or free ...

Regards,

-Meraj
mrkkhattak
Site Admin

WLM: mrkkhattak
Yahoo Messenger: mrkkhattak
AOL: mrkkhattak

Re: Disaster Recovery ... !

Postby LinuxFreaK » Sat Nov 22, 2003 9:11 pm

Dear Meraj Bahi,
Salam,

mrkkhattak wrote:Pls do let me know for any good detailed guidline for disaster linux recovery. Also if any one could help me to know for tools relating to disaster recovery i.e commercial or free ...

DR is a process not a product. you can't Buy DR. Go read up at SUN about DR. They have great guidlines. Typically when an organization doesnt want to think about DR and just wants to shell out money for it, they shel out in the millions and hire a consulting company..Another view on Disaster Recovery is "Business Continuity" Sun has a course on using Suncluster as a business continuity tool. http://www.sun.com/bigadmin/content/dev ... part1.html it's a great overview of what DR is .. and what you should think about. oh yes, it's very important to have lots of DR in the Data centre esp for the night shift. One of my friend have linux Winoze and BSD in our data centre... we also have coke DR and Coffee Some times you feel like a DR, sometimes a Coffee does the job better.

Best Regards.
Farrukh Ahmed
LinuxFreaK
Site Admin

Website: http://www.linuxpakistan.net/wiki/index.php?pagename=LinuxFreak
WLM: f4fahmed@hotmail.com
Yahoo Messenger: f4fahmed@yahoo.com
AOL: linuxpakistan@aol.com

Return to “%s” Administration