Post by cyborg »

i ve been through so many tutorials on internet about hacking
but naaah....... didnt get in my brain
what kind of tutorials sould i read and where should i get my hands on first
hamdan
Lance Naik

hack means to work around

Post by hamdan »

The word hack means to work around, to do some thing that is normally not possible. In the context of programming it will be, to do some thing (from programming) that is not the intended use of that (Programming) language.

In your case I am assuming that you want to break into other peoples computers (the word is cracking if the intend is malicious). I would recommend that you start from the beginning, try finding tutorials on C/C++ or Assembly if you really want to go into it (that means at least 3 years of continues effort to go some thing NEAR of what you want).

If you want the easy way then try to find a tool to do it for you (I won’t recommend it).
hameedkhan
Havaldaar

Post by hameedkhan »

Hi cyborg,
First of all you have to know what actually hacking is. You should read the one and only tutorial on How to become a Hacker (http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/hacker-howto.html), written by Eric Steven Raymond (Grand dady of all hackers). I think after reading this you will get an idea of what really Hacking is. And what is the difference between Hacking and Cracking.

Thanks,
Hameed Khan
Thanks,
Hameed U. Khan
Linux User #: 354374
hamdan
Lance Naik

!!!!?

Post by hamdan »

Salam All
Eric Steven Raymond (Grand dady of all hackers)
I would prefer the word “one of the granddaddys”, Raymond actually coined the word “Open-Source” and formed RedHat (a part from doing the regular Hacking) making changes to already available (at that time) Linux versions (Linus Trovaldes was not part to the company until recently).

In my opinion a very big credit should go to rms (Richard M. Stallman) for he was the one to form GNU and write the first (Open-Source) C compiler, and wrote Emacs (Editing Macros), and lot more.
hameedkhan
Havaldaar

Post by hameedkhan »

Hi, hamdan!
Yes! but the Eric S. Raymond have been given the title of "Grand Dady of hackers" by the community. i have read it somewhere i dont remember. Linus Torvalds and Richard Stallman are pioneer hackers.

Hameed.
Thanks,
Hameed U. Khan
Linux User #: 354374