changing hacking scenario in indian subcontinent

Protecting your Linux box

changing hacking scenario in indian subcontinent

Postby virtuoso » Wed May 21, 2003 3:23 pm

hi buddy
i want to discuss the changing hacking scenario in the indian subcintinent.
as we all know that in the past we don't have such a nice hacking background but slowly and surely the picture is changing.now we have also shown the world that we r the one like yaha.e worm had been developed by snakes.so this a good sign for us but really a bad sign for the f*****g western community...
hey freaks ur phobia is in front of u.
virtuoso
Cadet

Yahoo Messenger: reloadedagain

Postby if » Wed May 21, 2003 8:15 pm

Aslam-o-Aliakum,

Infact our Software Engineer,Developer,Programmer... only know to code... they didn't know the indepth of OS,Network or any concept of Computer Software or Hardware...

Forexample... go to universities... our children didn't design their software or Hardware projects... they only code it... and coding is not the everything in the life/future of Developer/Programmer/Software Engineer...

our boys don't know... how to simplify a problem... then design the solution... and implement it... they know only... with all due apologies... in my opinion they infact didn't know how to code... and they didn't know the indepth of coding... they only code... what some syntaxs they learn from book or from teacher...

And i think this is not the fault of our boys... infact teachers/market want from them to do this... specially our universities are play a great role to be not do enough to improving our boys skills... only produce coders... and even though they don't know how to code... they do projects in database 90% currently... but they don't know how to design a database, optomize and maintain it...

Note : these all my personal view and i do belive that u ppl don't mind it... thx
if u find anything which shows my lack of knowledge,
please guide me... thx
------------------------------------
Aslam-o-Aliakum-Wa-Rahmatullah-Wa-Barakatuhu
if
if
Battalion Quarter Master Havaldaar

WLM: ifhope@hotmail.com
Yahoo Messenger: hope_never@yahoo.com

I agree!

Postby s7r1k3r » Thu May 22, 2003 1:38 am

Asssalam-O-Alaekum!

I agree to if, our education system has a big role to play in this scenario. Our universities can do far better than what they are doing right now and as to producing coders, most of the universities can't even accomplish that. The people doing Bachelors or Masters from those universities can't even operate a computer efficiently. One wonders at times what do they teach them in all those years. This is really devastating for our youth because when they enter the professional market they find out that they don't even pocess the basic skills for the jobs that they are looking for. This really raises the level of depression. I wonder what our govt. and the universities are planning (if there is any planning) for our youth and for their future and the country's future too.

ALLAH HAFIZ.
a10n3 s7r1k3r
s7r1k3r

I agree

Postby LinuxFreaK » Thu May 22, 2003 6:12 am

Dear Peoples,
I agree to If, he is right bcoz out universities play the main role to make our boys/gurls skillz but sorry to say they only need money and our Ministry of IT Said "we don't want to make a chip or processor we want to make money" by Dr.Ata-Ur-Rehman. so guys tell me how can we make money. i thought there is only one way to make money thats is to make fool our nations. like politisions do. they every time say Education Education but tell me how many peoples of pakistan educated. now a days peoples don't have money to eat 3 times in a day. and if you peoples see the fees of private universties then i think no one can get well education. any way its my own openion sorry if any of your hurt.
Best Regards.
Farrukh Ahmed
LinuxFreaK
Site Admin

Website: http://www.linuxpakistan.net/wiki/index.php?pagename=LinuxFreak
WLM: f4fahmed@hotmail.com
Yahoo Messenger: f4fahmed@yahoo.com
AOL: linuxpakistan@aol.com

Re: I agree

Postby if » Thu May 22, 2003 8:12 am

Aslam-o-Aliakum,

LinuxFreaK wrote:Dear Peoples,
our Ministry of IT Said "we don't want to make a chip or processor we want to make money" by Dr.Ata-Ur-Rehman. so guys tell me how can we make money.

I agree with linuxfreak... Our ministers don't know what they are doing... what they have to do for the sake of their ppl... they only know how to make money... As u mentioned about Dr. Atta-ur-Rahman... that person talk in seminars, conference a lot on Computer Sciences and IT... but infact his background is total mismatch with Computer Sicences... he did Ph.D in Chemistry... and u ppl know from where he got that degree and what is subject... and how he end this degree... u ppl make a loud laugh... anyway... as far as universitries are concerned... Government gave them aids in millions of rupees to most of them... but where this money goes...

:arrow: first ministry and ministry system take their share from this money
:arrow: second universities authorities make their contribution by looting this money
:arrow: third they did some thing... to cover this money or justify this money uses... they did false entries in the paper... and all the money goes like smoke... nothing... e.g. I know some persons in NUST who deal with administration/purchasing... once i went to one person house... i see lot of imported book (stamped with NUST Library) in his house... i asked him, he laughed and said... he need to improve his skills and get knowledge from these book... and u ppl even don't think about how many books i seen... and how my heart cry... to see whether he did some studies these books or some of these books... i found no book which he studies... i requested him to gave me one of the book on loan... he is so kind and agreed very easily... and u ppl know, i kept this book (US$ 20) with me... approx. 6 months he did ask 4-5 times in this period (but not in hury) when i return back that book to him... even today this book is in his home library...

Look one of the example (money sharing policy from top to bottom of our system every person of the system has his share if he/she comes in the path or he/she get a way to get it) which i told u... and remember hundreds of thousand, i seen in my day and night but no one no one complain... only try to justify (cover) it from someway...

These all which wrote with all due apologies with ppl who are fan of these ppl and system

please guide me... thx

if
if

Postby LinuxFreaK » Fri May 23, 2003 3:46 am

Dear Peoples,
Aslam-o-Alikum,
I agree with If, and you peoples know what happen with me. today one of my Physics Teacher Ask me about another Teacher then i said he left the institute then he said he is a good man. i just comment sir every man is good but circumstance make a good man bad. so he said "The main problem is our knowledge and how we think. he gave me example of soap. he say why Reema Comes in LUX and why A man comes in Lifeboy. he said thats two different things. GOD gave us path one is wrong and one is correct and its totally depends over your which one you select. if you select Correct Path then you will get much time to take a good place in this world, but if you choose wrong path then you will be in no time. but Wrong Path Attract Towards its self and it my respoceibility to give you advice never choose wrong path in your life. :idea:
Best Regards.
Farrukh Ahmed
LinuxFreaK
Site Admin

Postby nafri » Sun May 25, 2003 1:31 am

if wrote:
he did Ph.D in Chemistry... and u ppl know from where he got that degree and what is subject... and how he end this degree... u ppl make a loud laugh... anyway...

well, i would like to see truth to be the the last casualty in opinions and discussions. i also believe that a strong point can be made without distortion of facts.

dr atta-ur-rahman may or may not have been a good choice as a minsiter of S&T, or, for that matter, now as chairperson of HEC. but he earned his PhD in organic chemistry from the cambridge university. i really don't know why would anyone laugh at this fact -- and that too loudly. would IF care to explain.

irfan
nafri
Lance Naik

Postby LinuxFreaK » Sun May 25, 2003 2:55 am

Dear Irfan,
If you read the every post of this topic then i think we ain't need to explain you. The Truth is i heared he done his Ph.D from Karachi University and he discovered Karachic Acid. and another truth is that USA ban us to make scientists. Recently University of Karachi Closed his Subject Mphil Degree Nuclear Physics. If i am wrong then give me evidence.
Best Regards.
Farrukh Ahmed
LinuxFreaK
Site Admin

Postby if » Sun May 25, 2003 9:00 am

Aslam-o-Aliakum,

nafri wrote:
well, i would like to see truth to be the the last casualty in opinions and discussions. i also believe that a strong point can be made without distortion of facts.

dr atta-ur-rahman may or may not have been a good choice as a minsiter of S&T, or, for that matter, now as chairperson of HEC. but he earned his PhD in organic chemistry from the cambridge university. i really don't know why would anyone laugh at this fact -- and that too loudly. would IF care to explain.

irfan

As i mentioned before these are my personal views anyway... don't ever close u'r eyes and ear... because see and listen... then u learn and improve (abilities, knowledge etc.) So

eyes + ear = see + listen = learn + improvement

let me tell u... why u said u want truth??? let me clear... we can't open the eyes and ear... anybody... (i apologies for this from all of u)... plz let me finish... thx in advance...

one point that Chemistry Sicence is another field and Computer Sicence is another... there is no direct nor indirect relation with them... these are different paths... a person as per his biodata

http://www.hec.gov.pk/atta/biodata.htm

he is a chemist / chemical knowledge based person... how he can talk about Computer Sicence and participate in Computer Sicence when he never learn nor go to learn... in his whole life... here is explaination how he get into Computer Sicence

:idea: In his whole life he never learn/educated in computer sciences (live abroad who don't know what r the ground facts and figures and what are the problems)
:idea: Back in 3 years or so, he just came and talk/suggest (for Pakistan Nation) about Computer Sicences like (Why because Computer Sicence is a growing field and Chemistry is not a growing/developing field like Computer Sicence)
:arrow: a Ph.D in 10 subject of Computer Sicences and
:arrow: spent all life in Computer Sicences and
:arrow: have 50 years of experince in Computer Sciences...

this what kind of TRUTH u wanna see... r u??? sorry but truth is this...

Second one... a person live all his life abroad how u can think he can solve u'r problems... is he??? (but regardless of anythink in three years what he did or try to do only increase his bank balance (this is not the problem every person who come in Government from abroad only come here to loot this country and increase the misary of their countrymen) but do try to make us fool... that we don't understand what u ppl are don't up there... :lol:... and try to make our education system more unreliable... there is lot of universities comes in three year but what they did to students... here is an example of these kind of universities... here in Rawalpindi a person (Ph.D) open a Institute (with standard) make affiliate with Arid University of Rawalpindi (Govt.) with the help of Dr. atta and others then make money (by doing farads e.g. at time of registration student comes 100 and with the help of Dr. atta and others don't register them then after 2-3 semester told to university that we have register 50 student because 50 student left (all 50 students registration goes in his poket) and now he open a university with the name of Northern University (based in Peshawar NWFP)... but 90% of it's students from his Pindi Campus (where is his Institute)... two of their students i know them... and believe me... they learn nothing... only just get a degree, this type of education we want to earn... okay if u want... i don't want to be happen with our children.

Moreover... it's long discussion and time wasting... so... end this here... because this is not the place for this type of discussion... if anybody want to talk this topic more... do mail me... but don't reply this topic... thx

please guide me... thx

if
if

Postby nafri » Sun May 25, 2003 3:41 pm

LinuxFreaK wrote:
The Truth is i heared he done his Ph.D from Karachi University and he discovered Karachic Acid. and another truth is that USA ban us to make scientists. Recently University of Karachi Closed his Subject Mphil Degree Nuclear Physics. If i am wrong then give me evidence.

as i wrote earlier dr atta-ur-rahman earned his PhD in organic chemistry from the cambridge university. i hope that you understand that the cambridge university is independent of the university of karachi.

i just checked his biodata at http://www.hec.gov.pk/atta/biodata.htm which was kindly pointed out by IF. dr rahman's PhD thesis (1968) was on alkaloids, and is not related to karachic acid (on which he worked during 1974-75).

regarding "his Subject Mphil Degree Nuclear Physics": i hope that you are able to differentiate between various discplines, and may already know that nuclear physics has nothing to do with the HEJ institute or dr rahman's subject (which is, to repeat, organic chemistry).

if wrote:
(live abroad who don't know what r the ground facts and figures and what are the problems)
Back in 3 years or so, he just came and talk/suggest

this is so strange, especially that it comes from someone who knows about dr rahman's biodata. as far as i know -- and the biodata will vouch that -- since 1981, he is based in karachi, pakistan. it is a pity that IF wrote the above lines without checking the facts. a typical case of hearsay.

need i emphasise on varifying facts before you express these in public forums? and also try to be coherent and logical. and also please do not present fiction in the guise of facts and truth.

i am all for discussion, and presenting one's opinion, no matter who biased one is. but i can not stand why people stoop so low as to misrepresent and distort facts. for IF and linuxfreak, my message comes from the old adage: "honesty is the best policy".

irfan
nafri
Lance Naik

Re : I agree

Postby LinuxFreaK » Sun May 25, 2003 9:45 pm

Dear Irfan,
I think you take it wrong. i said University of Karachi has been closed a University of Karachi Closed Mphil Degree in Nuclear Physics because USA don't want Pakistani Scientists. and in case of Dr.Atta Ur-Rehman I am sure you from karachi and you heared the name of Dr.Aziz who teach students in Proper Colligate. he had told us when i was in 2nd year thats Dr.Atta Ur-Rehman Discovered Karachic Acid. and may be i was wrong about his Degree but whats about Dr.Aziz. any way leave this topic.
Best Regards..
Farrukh Ahmed
LinuxFreaK
Site Admin

Re: I agree!

Postby lambda » Tue May 27, 2003 7:29 pm

s7r1k3r wrote:Our universities can do far better than what they are doing right now and as to producing coders, most of the universities can't even accomplish that.

look, universities are not magical places where idiots are transformed into geniuses. universities have to work with the people they get...and the people they get are the ones who have passed through the 1-12 school system. no matter how good the university is, if instructors have to start off teaching first/second year students simple things like calculus, or algebra -- you know things are way messed up.
lambda
Major General

Postby mrkkhattak » Wed May 28, 2003 11:49 am

Assalamualaikum,

A long discussion ... :-) some thoughts from me.

First of all, I personally like Dr. Atta-ur-Rehman, he is a nice person. He did more than what anyone else would be able to do for IT in Pakistan. If you don't think so then have a look at Mr. Leghari (the present IT minister) tell me what speciliaites he has in computers or what experience does he have in that (just a relative of Mr. Farooq A. Leghari, who got this ministrship in bandarbant) ... Dr. Atta-ur-Rehman, no doubt is a hardworker, honest & dedicated person. May Allah give him long live.

Beside that ... as far as we are concerned, I think we shouldn't complain to to anyone about anything ... but start doing what we could do at our end. To make ourself better humanbeing, better student (being honest with ourselves, our parents, out teachers & studies), better workers (being sincere wheter network admin, software engineer, web developer etc).

If we do that, I am sure InshAllah we will bring a change ... otherwise I don't think so ...

May Allah help us in all these things ... (Ameen)

Regards,

-Meraj

P.S All views expressed above are my own, I don't want to hurt anyone ... but if anyone hurts, I would appologize sincerely.
mrkkhattak
Site Admin

WLM: mrkkhattak
Yahoo Messenger: mrkkhattak
AOL: mrkkhattak

Re : I Agree

Postby LinuxFreaK » Wed May 28, 2003 11:53 pm

Dear Meraj,
Nice, and Thanks for your advice.
Best regards.
Farrukh Ahmed
LinuxFreaK
Site Admin

too much off the topiccc!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby kadnan » Sat Jun 07, 2003 9:48 pm

We are used to say *anything* for *nothing*,i just read the all the posts under this thread,topic was Coding style and it has become anti-Ata ur rahman( too much off the topic)

-ppl who are not considering Ata ur rahman a suitable person then do tell me who would be the alternative? don`t you remember metric fail Minister of education for Sind?,i am forgetting the name of that freak...anyway i agree with Meraj,Ata is much better than others,its true that he is not an IT professional but atleast he is _educated_ ? ,he gave us a well known Instittue H.E.J,well Dr Salim uz Zaman supported him..but still,he did lot of work and still he has done a lot,now a Programmer could be Minister of Science,instead of cussing him you guys should cuss to those morons who are used to make fool to him and give him false report,don`t forget PASHA fraud case..there re lots of things to dicuss but this is NOT the right platform to discuss it..

-yes our varsities dont teach us how to Design systems,most of pakistanis dont want to write code in C/C++,its not something good for programmers as well as for country
kadnan

Return to “%s” Security