Problem with Windows live messenger (msn 8)....

Protecting your Linux box
shahg_shahg
Naik

Problem with Windows live messenger (msn 8)....

Post by shahg_shahg »

Aoa….every one..
Friends I m facing a problem with Windows live messenger ( msn 8 ) i m using a fc4 as my gateway with squid. My msn 7 or 7.5 is woking fine with my iptables but when I try to connect the msn 8 it gives me the flowing error….

“ Sorry, we were unable to sign into windows live messenger at this time. Plz try again later.

Windows live messenger has made several failed attempts to sign you in. your firewall my blocking windows live messenger form connecting to the service. plz review your firewall settings. See the retailer's instructions for more information “

Have the msn change the ports. Kindly tell how can my clients can use msn 8…

Thanks. …..
Aslam-o-Aliakum-Wa-Rahmatullah-Wa-Barakatuhu .. ALLAH Will Safe ISLAM
nomankhn
Colonel

Re: Problem with Windows live messenger (msn 8)....

Post by nomankhn »

shahg_shahg wrote:Aoa….every one..
Friends I m facing a problem with Windows live messenger ( msn 8 ) i m using a fc4 as my gateway with squid. My msn 7 or 7.5 is woking fine with my iptables but when I try to connect the msn 8 it gives me the flowing error….

“ Sorry, we were unable to sign into windows live messenger at this time. Plz try again later.

Windows live messenger has made several failed attempts to sign you in. your firewall my blocking windows live messenger form connecting to the service. plz review your firewall settings. See the retailer's instructions for more information “

Have the msn change the ports. Kindly tell how can my clients can use msn 8…

Thanks. …..
Dear

I am also using using Same messenger its working fine, are u using squid or just using transparent method for sharing internet connection.

Regards
Noman Liaquat Khanzada Rajput
Linux means productivity and fun.
We all love Linux, but it's also a fact that some people might not be able to migrate.
torvalds
Lance Naik

UPnP daemon Problem

Post by torvalds »

Hi,
Dear first of all use the troubleshooter of live messenger and check where it stucks. I'm feeling that it is UPnP problem microsoft has big chulla uknow so try to install UPnPd to your linux box here is the link and try the instruction given there. Basically Microsoft's Internet Connection Service (ICS) implements the UPnP Internet Gateway Device specification (IGD) and allows UPnP aware clients, such as MSN Messenger to work properly from behind a NAT firewall.
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfile ... p_id=52728

Regards

Torvalds
Treat your password like your toothbrush. Don't let anybody else use it, and get a new one every six months.