Anjuta Installation on Mandrake 10.1 Community Edition!

Discussion of programming on Linux, including shell scripting, perl, python, c/c++, mono, java. Whatever tickles your fancy.

Anjuta Installation on Mandrake 10.1 Community Edition!

Postby smtahir » Wed Oct 27, 2004 8:04 pm

Hi ppl,
I am a newbie to linux and their programming tools. I have read many posts on this forum regarding programming but I was unable to find a guide on Anjuta on Mandrake. As the title says I need help on installing that particular IDE on Mandrake 10.1 Community Edition. I have configured urpmi so far but the rest is still unconfigured. Any comments or suggestions?
thanxs in advance
laterz
smtahir
Cadet

Postby jargon » Thu Oct 28, 2004 9:19 pm

well from the offical site for anjuta... anjuta.sf.net they don't provide a .rpm for mandrake systems, but checking on www.rpmfind.net you will see that there is one for mandrake of version 1.2.1-1.

http://fr.rpmfind.net/linux/RPM/mandrak ... .i586.html

download this rpm, and try to install it as 'root'
#: rpm -Uvh anjuta-1.2.1-1mdk.I586.rpm

if it says there are dependencies required then you will have to install those first.

-----

But if you already have the Mandrake 10.1 cds then search those cd's to see if anjuta is already on them. It might have not been installed during setup because you might not have selected 'development tools' , if you find it and try to install it and get dependency errors , remember all the dependencies will be on the cds as well, since they cannot ship a distro with .rpm files w/o all the required dependencies.

hope the helps
jargon
jargon
Lieutenant Colonel

Return to “%s” Programming