Any "Full-featured" IDE for GTK ?

Discussion of programming on Linux, including shell scripting, perl, python, c/c++, mono, java. Whatever tickles your fancy.
s7r1k3r
Battalion Quarter Master Havaldaar

Any "Full-featured" IDE for GTK ?

Post by s7r1k3r »

Can anyone point me out to some IDE for GTK that is more capable of than glade?
a10n3 s7r1k3r
zeenix
Naik

RE: Any "Full-featured" IDE for GTK ?

Post by zeenix »

Hi,
talking of IDE for Gtk+, only one name come to mind: Anjuta. But its not at all a glade alternative. who said that glade is an IDE? Glade is RAD tool to quickly make your GUI, although it has support of automatic code generation but that is not recommended at all. The recommendation is to save your GUI in an XML file (glade does that on saving) and then call that GUI from your app using libglade. I havent used Anjuta for a while but its quite good already and there are plans to somehow merge it with glade. Bye.
"I think therefore I am" --- Rene Descartes
s7r1k3r

Any resources on OOP in C?

Post by s7r1k3r »

Well, I was also thinking in favour of GTK against QT just because of the copyright restrictions. Also, one difference that I have noted between KDE and GNOME is that GNOME is much faster. May be it is because it is new and probably smaller in size yet. Or may be it is the pure C coming into action as object orientation the C++ way does make things slow.

OOP in C is a concept that I got to know here in the discussion forums of linuxpakistan.net. Can any one point me to some resources (reading material) that discuss implementing OOP in C?

Alalh Hafiz.
a10n3 s7r1k3r
kadnan

Post by kadnan »

i think GLADE is RAD tool like QT designer which just generates GUI code
-anjuta seems nice,i havn`t tried yet but would try to code and compile QT based code,i wonder whether Anjuta supports "qmake" or not

-adnan
nafri
Lance Naik

Re: Any "Full-featured" IDE for GTK ?

Post by nafri »

s7r1k3r wrote:Can anyone point me out to some IDE for GTK that is more capable of than glade?

check eclipse http://www.eclipse.org/ which is "an open extensible IDE for anything and nothing in particular". have been told that it is one of the best IDEs out there. disclaimer: have no perosnal experience of either eclipse or GTK.

irfan
kadnan

well read this out

Post by kadnan »

digitalsurgeon
Naik

Post by digitalsurgeon »

Ajuta is a nice IDE for GTk

look at it @ anjuta.sf.net

sf rocks !!

Ahmad