graphics.h (Turbo/Borland C) equivalent for GCC???

Discussion of programming on Linux, including shell scripting, perl, python, c/c++, mono, java. Whatever tickles your fancy.
s7r1k3r
Battalion Quarter Master Havaldaar

graphics.h (Turbo/Borland C) equivalent for GCC???

Post by s7r1k3r »

Assalam-O-Alaekum!

Is graphics.h part of the ANSI C standard library? My guess is not. Can anyone point me to GCC equivalent of graphics.h so that I can do graphics programming in C/C++ without using windowing toolkits like gtk or QT.

ALLAH HAFIZ.
a10n3 s7r1k3r
s7r1k3r
Battalion Quarter Master Havaldaar

Okay, found a solution

Post by s7r1k3r »

Assalam-O-Alaekum!
SDL (Simple Directmedia Layer) can be used for 2D and 3D graphics programming especially games. It is licensed under LGPL and is available for many different platforms include Linux and Windows.

Some one told me about svgalib and xlib but I don't know much about them.

I hope this information helps someone :-)

ALLAH HAFIZ.
a10n3 s7r1k3r
zeenix
Naik

svgalib rocks

Post by zeenix »

Hi,
yeah svgalib is the best option i gues if you want no X. I used that to make an X-independent video-player. But dont know why it used to segfault when used inside a Gstreamer plugin, so no real success. Bye.
"I think therefore I am" --- Rene Descartes
gh4z4nf4r
Naik

salam

Post by gh4z4nf4r »

all svgalib programs needs to be run with root priviliges so it may be the worst thing about it. i was facing the same problem of finding some thing like graphics.h. i found opengl to be good with glut for 2d or 3d drawings and if any one want a simple userinterface too with the graphics application glui or many other toolkits can be used with glut.
lambda
Major General

Re: graphics.h (Turbo/Borland C) equivalent for GCC???

Post by lambda »

s7r1k3r wrote:Assalam-O-Alaekum!

Is graphics.h part of the ANSI C standard library? My guess is not. Can anyone point me to GCC equivalent of graphics.h so that I can do graphics programming in C/C++ without using windowing toolkits like gtk or QT.

ALLAH HAFIZ.
many years ago, a friend had to write an application for someone using turbo c and bgi. he didn't have a pc, though, so what he did was write a library for the x window system that emulated all of graphics.h.

he happily wrote his application on unix, copied it over to the client's box, compiled it under turbo c, and got paid.

if you want, i can ask him for the library. he wrote it about seven years ago, so he may not have the code handy.
digitalsurgeon
Naik

Post by digitalsurgeon »

try turbovision

search for it on sf.net