single command procedure to convert avi into mp4 for mobile

Discussion of programming on Linux, including shell scripting, perl, python, c/c++, mono, java. Whatever tickles your fancy.
zaki486
Company Havaldaar Major

single command procedure to convert avi into mp4 for mobile

Post by zaki486 »

Dear Brothers,

Assalam o Alaikum,

Just trying to tell how to convert any video file to mobile formats .

Requires:
ffmpeg and codecs

first if you have an Android phone,

you can simply convert any 16:9 movie file from its original screen size to a Mobile QHD format android phones.

here is the command :
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
bash$ ffmpeg -i $1 -y -threads 0 -subq 6 -deinterlace -level 30 -f mp4 -acodec libfaac -ab 160k -ar 24000 -ac 2 -vcodec libx264 -b 1000k -maxrate 1000k -bufsize 2000k -rc_eq 'blurCplx^(1-qComp)' -qcomp 0.6 -qmin 10 -qmax 51 -qdiff 4 -coder 0 -refs 2 -flags +loop -vol 256 -trellis 1 -me_method umh -async 1 $2
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This ffmpeg script will take any movie file in 16:9 widescreen format and convert it into a form that can be played on most Android fones of the current leading QHD phones such as HTC Sensation, Samsung Galaxy S2 or Motorola Atrix.

1- Files that are merely marked as widescreen (e.g. DVD VOBs) will have to be processed into a true widescreen format such as .m2t first.

2- Parameters:

$1 the input file (here its an example variable, which will be replaced by the original movie file with complete path/source which has to be converted)

$2 the output file (here its an example variable, which will be replaced by the converted .mp4 movie file with complete path/source which is ready to use/converted you must name the file as VideoSong1.mp4)

Output file suffix should be .mp4

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------

CONVERTING .AVI INTO mp4

command:
bash$ ffmpeg -i file.avi file.mp4

Explanation
FFmpeg is a complete, cross-platform solution to record, convert and stream audio and video. It includes libavcodec - the leading audio/video codec library.

Limitations
It is not a standard package in most systems and distros.
Certified Open Source Solution Provider
call me 0300-8902692
mailto:zaki@gestetner.com.pk