Welcome

General discussion about Linux, Linux distribution, using Linux etc.
amer_58
Lance Naik

Post by amer_58 »

lol, good job admin
jess
Company Havaldaar Major

Google

Post by jess »

Many are led to a thread on the site by Google when searching for specific Linux problems. Moving threads (or pruning!, heaven forbid) falters the googlability. If you are not on Google, you may not as well be on the web.
leolove
Naik

Hello

Post by leolove »

Salam to all!
i was seeing these post about to deleting old posts....
it is not a right way as i think....
can u tell me what type of problem you are facing?
sure we all can safe our topic, our suggestions by donating linux pakistan...hows that!
if linuxpakistan in hosted on some other third party server than we can purchase more space by contribution of all .... i think it is the right way...but dont delete that posts.....
it is the wealth of linuxpakistan....linuxpakistan will not be worthy without it....
hope you will think about my suggestions...and may be i m preparing to produce linuxpakistan T-shirts, caps, and Jeans...and if you all support me then its my promise that i will support linuxpakistan...
actually i m running my business as MOMO GARMENTS. we are the manufacturer of readymade garments. so i was thinking to prepare linuxpakistan shirts for linuxpakistan's fans.....currently the designs are in progress....i will update you soon...
i m also a newbie....MR. Maheen introduced Linux to me ...and now i m learning fast.....
First of all thanks to LINUXPAKISTAN who gave me a real & sincere teacher, freind & Bro. in the form of Maheen Bhai...
and than many many thanks to Maheen bhai who gave me lack of knowledges....answers my stupid question with patience....introduce me some new friends who helped me too such as linuxphreak...
May Allah Will Grew Linux Pakistan In the top forums of linux in the Whole world...AMEEN...
BTW Ramazan Mubarak To All of you...i m angry with you all guys...none of you do this....even there is no posts about ramazan mubarak....
ok ba bye
see yea
mahin
Major

Post by mahin »

Your are right leolove we should have wished our members Ramadan Kareem, will be care full in future.

As regards deletion let me clarify as a matter of policy NO post is ever deleted or edited by Admins except by original owner of the post.

What we do is just move the post to private area if thare is any objection, then original poster is contacted privately and briefed of our concerns. Most of the time original poster agree with our concerns and post is permanently removed from public view.

At times posts are moved to appropriate forums, which is quite normal.

Only forum where posts gets deleted is gup-shup and that is clearly mentioned. I do agree some of the posts even in Gup Shup are worth preserving, may be we can look into it.

Thank you for your offer, we will certainly approach you if need arises. At present our needs are very modest and thanks to Zahid Sindhu of Inspedium we do not have any problem. I raised this issue once and he said as long he is in hosting business we need not worry about it. So let us pray that he stays in business so that we do not have any problem and if you really want to help us, next time you are in market do check their prices also.

Nice to hear about your plans to prepare T-Shirts, Caps etc. If you need any help with designing do contact our Shujaat Ali Awan [ will ask him to contact you ] for any help you need. If you need any help with putting up On-line Store do let us know, we can help you to build one [ tip: catch mrkkhattak :) he is real good ] if you do not have one.

Thanks once again for your offer for help, you could help us more by using Linux and Open Source 100%.
leolove
Naik

Hello Again

Post by leolove »

Salamz Mahin Bhai,
How are you? nice to see you after a long time...
well....i m a fashion designer... :D ....so it is my job to design and implement fashion n style....m i right???? so...i was just admiring how will goes when we prepare the linux pakistan's named T-shirts....
it is our way of publicity....aren't it?
online store....sounds good...garments shop will be mine....hhahaha.... :D ....i will take its rights and no one will sale garments except me.... :D ....
mahin bhai i m sending you a personal mesage...please reply it...coz i m getting back again in linux after learning all the basics from THE TRAINERS INSTITUTE...plz see it and if possible also gave me your contact no.
well...mahin bhai i have an idea for the admin...why won't he CREATE a 6 X 4 CARD BANNER for EID and if someone hit [url]http://www.linuxpakistan.net[/url] in three days of eid ...it will recieve his wish automatically....hows that? isn't sounds good??? actually i m also currently doing a job in a shipping co. on the post of Manager IT Divison & E-Marketing Manager...that is why i can much favour linuxpakistan in his advertisory....
i also have a plan for a weakly bases training ....
it will do by subscription and a mail server....our users subscribe here...and the admin will send them weakly articles like learning stuff in easiest form like spoon feeding....i think it is the better way to bind our newbie....just like me...if you dont support me ,,, then i think that i was leave linuxpakistan....
the weakly article also submit by the superior and the advance user like you and others....and your article will be send with your name to all users who are subscribed....
i think it is the best idea....what is your suggestions?[/url]
ishtiaq ahmed
Naik

Post by ishtiaq ahmed »

thats very good effort by you. hope u will keep on like this providing such good things.

ishtiaq ahmed
crazy_frog
Naik

Post by crazy_frog »

This group surely needs some more publicity for sure. All ideas are appreciated in this regard.

Coming to the main topic ...... pruning shod be avoided in forums like these.
Hâve á nice day !!
DivineLight
Naik

Post by DivineLight »

crazy_frog wrote:This group surely needs some more publicity for sure. All ideas are appreciated in this regard.
I totally agree!