linuxpakistan not on LUG counter

General discussion about PLUC and Linux in Pakistan.
hameedkhan
Havaldaar

linuxpakistan not on LUG counter

Post by hameedkhan »

Hi,
i am surprised to see that, Linuxpakistan is not registered at [url]http://lugww.counter.li.org/groups.cms?&cc=PK [\url]

why??? i think it will be good for newbies turning to linux to catch the group...

Thanks,
Hameed
Thanks,
Hameed U. Khan
Linux User #: 354374
jargon
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by jargon »

I dont know why you guys worry about counter.li.org, most Linux users could care less, frankly I think its a stagnate project.
C'mon does anyone sit there and count the number of windows machines, no, they are estimated, and as time goes this project becomes more and more pointless. Hence, the reason for the number of reg. users being ~150K.
jargon
n3m3sis
Havaldaar

Post by n3m3sis »

I dont know why you guys worry about counter.li.org, most Linux users could care less, frankly I think its a stagnate project.
C'mon does anyone sit there and count the number of windows machines, no, they are estimated, and as time goes this project becomes more and more pointless. Hence, the reason for the number of reg. users being ~150K.
Good point! but you have to know the reason why Macromedia, Adobe and other companies are not porting their applications to linux is because they say that linux does not have a sufficient user-base.
counter.li.org is just about to address that, and remember the counter has been going for over 10 years and it was interesting over 10 years ago how many people where using linux.
The number users is much more than shown in the counter because:
- As per site rules 'inactive' accounts that is a guy who registerred but never returned, is automatically deleted after 2 months. Thus you have to re-login regularly

- Not many people know about the counter. I was a linux user for about a year until someone told me about the counter.