ISA SERVER, Linux Client, Application wont connect

General discussion about PLUC and Linux in Pakistan.
justujoo
Lance Naik

ISA SERVER, Linux Client, Application wont connect

Post by justujoo »

Asalam-O-Alekum

Any one know, how to connect Applications, not using web proxy, (Yahoo, Kazaa, etc).
Detailed scenario: I am behind ISA server firewall, on LAN, the ISA SERVER is in my reach, so I can make config changes, and I want to connect my P2P (File sharing), Yahoo, and other applications to connect to internet from my Linux Box.

U'll have to normally install ISA Client if U want to connect applictaions to the internet, or manually set their proxies to 8080 (default ISA proxy server's port) if those applications support that. Now on Linux U cant install ISA Client so only available port for me is 8080 (Web Proxy) and I can see webpages by manually entering them in the Browser's Proxies. But any one had any experience with other applicattions, How could I connect them to internet.

I even tried NTLMaps, but the logics are not clear, what i understand is that It binds localhost's:5865 to 192.168.0.1:8080 . Now its still accessing the ISA's web Proxy, which could be easily done by manually entering these info. How coould I use NTLMaps to use yahoo Messenger or Kazaa.

Any help Please,

Thanks And Regards
Khurram H.Syed
Qadri-409
Battalion Havaldaar Major

Post by Qadri-409 »

M Shahzad Qadri
justujoo
Lance Naik

The link reidrects to the this page....

Post by justujoo »

Asalam-o-Alekum Mr. Qadri

The link U proposed me, dont have the solution, actually it contains the same problem which I am facing, infact the guy used my post, and my nick aswell ..... :) ....

Please check the link and send it to me again, and yes thanks for the reply....

Take Care and regards
KHurram H.Syed
Qadri-409

Re: The link reidrects to the this page....

Post by Qadri-409 »

justujoo wrote:Asalam-o-Alekum Mr. Qadri

The link U proposed me, dont have the solution, actually it contains the same
KHurram H.Syed
salam

lolzz@qadri-409:)

i posted you the same thred you initiated ..let me search again

takecare
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
yar got the link ....read what LFreak says i hope it will return the solution to you :)

http://www.linuxpakistan.net/forum2x/vi ... rver+linux

sorry again for sending you a very funny reply

takecare
M Shahzad Qadri
justujoo
Lance Naik

Thanks for the reply...

Post by justujoo »

Asalam-O-Alekum Mr. Qadri

Thanks for the reply, now this link has some thing serious to read :) ... I just take a brief look over it, there were things which i already did, and there are things which needs to study in detail. I'll read them tommorow, and then I'll post U my experiences.

Thanks once again, take care, U've been very helpful

Khurram H.Syed
nasacis

Post by nasacis »

You have to configure ISA box as transparent proxy then you can do anything without setting in applications or

allow ports of yahoo in your ISA box then you can connect yahoo messger without setting in connection

Regards
Nafees Ahmed
Cell: +92.300.8653568
UAN: 041-111432432
Nexlinx Faisalabad
www.nexlinx.net.pk
nafees29@gmail.com
justujoo
Lance Naik

Hi Again

Post by justujoo »

Asalam-O-Alekum

Mr. Nafees And Mr. Qadri

First of all, some how I cant make NTLM thing to work, I mean the browser connects to local host on port 3865, Ok thats Ok here, but I want other applications to go and grab data from the internet, I WANT A SUBSTITUTE OF MSP CLIENT, which we usually install (at the client side), I need to learn a parmanent solution, I dont know if i am doing some thing wrong with NTLM or my logics are not clear, please correct me if I am wrong, but what we are doing is that I force my browser to connect to my Local host:5865 which is bind to 192.168.0.1:8080 , which is the ISA server's(proxy server's) IP and port and which is bind to their xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:80 which bring us the web page.

Now what MSPCLNT do(correct me) that it binds clients port with the server's port which bring down the data from the internet. Now what I want is to do this binding manually or with any tool, infact anyhow. I googled, I searched for the solution but didnt find any parmanent solution, didn't tried kazoom, but I will give it a try as well tomorrow Insha-Allah.

Now what I fell is that there has to be a parmanent solution for that, because there are so many DCN (Desi Cable Net) Users here, I read some place its some 27% of the total internet users, and most of them are behind ISA Server, and there is not a single working subsitute of MSPCLNT(not even a theory).

I hope that if anybody knows any techinique, any tool, or any cofig, will let me know and teach many others.

Regards Khurram H.Syed
perfect_intelligence
Cadet

Post by perfect_intelligence »

I've exactly the same problem....... I've access to ISA server 2004 and I can configure it for linux clients.... I personally use fedora core 3 and want to use internet on it.... Firefox and gaim works through http proxy but irc, yahoo, and other softwares did'nt works... tell me if there is any solution..