how to use connect Yahoo messenger using LAN

Discussion regarding the installation and configuration of Linux distributions.
imrangr8
Cadet

how to use connect Yahoo messenger using LAN

Post by imrangr8 »

hi there

its really nice to c this forum.. its really helpful for the new users of linux like me i have recently installed linux 8.0 server at my home i m using cable net with win2k server with ISA .. the problem i m facing is that i cant connect my yahoo messenger and imici messenger on linux i have tried every poxxible thing.... i.e using socks 4 , http:// but no luck i can only browse the net ... can somone help me abt this matter + i cant open my resolv.conf file it gives the error no viewer found plz plz reply and tell me wat to do + how can i get into the network neighbourhood and make my way to the shared stuff ?

Allah hafiz

Imran
fawad
Site Admin

Post by fawad »

Imran,
Make sure you can connect to scs.yahoo.com port 5050. The ISA Server might be restricting access to that port. I'm not sure about the http proxy support for yahoo messenger. I do recall a thread on the forum some time back where a specific mode of ISA Server was suggested that made the server act as a NAT server allowing unhindered access.

P.S. Please don't overload one question with 3 others. It tends to sidetrack the thread quite a bit. Please post each distinct/unrelated question as a seperate post (it's just another row in the mysql table, you know :).

-fawad
imrangr8
Cadet

Post by imrangr8 »

hi there
the problem is that i can connect my yahoo using windows....
it means the port is accessable i guess + v have open access to all the
protocols....
fawad
Site Admin

Post by fawad »

Imran,
Are you using any client side app on Windows to access the internet? Like the ISA Proxy client etc?
imrangr8
Cadet

Post by imrangr8 »

hi fawad
sorry for bothering u again... but i m not using any client side software wod my windows .. i just enter my isa server ip address to connect my yahoo messenger............
Faraz.Fazil
Major General

Post by Faraz.Fazil »

as a last resort try the application entitled "HttP Tunnel Linux version"
also are u able to browse websites and connect msn messenger correctly on ur linux box?