PHP vs Java

Discussion of programming on Linux, including shell scripting, perl, python, c/c++, mono, java. Whatever tickles your fancy.
tahirakram
Lance Naik

PHP vs Java

Post by tahirakram »

Aslam-0-Alaykum Forum

my question is if we have to develop a big enterprise system with massive database.
which combination u suggest

I m using LAMP Linux, Apache, MySql & PHP

whts ur suggestion and wht abt the scnerio of PHP vs java, PHP supports any 32-bit or better platform, whereas JSP supports only platforms that have a Java virtual machine available.

Java can win over PHP due 2 its OO features, but PHP also providing OO 2 some besides it is ont OO.

wht u think,,,

why stuck 2 PHP rather than Java or vice versa!!!

Regards
<stoneCode>
Live open or die
lambda
Major General

Re: PHP vs Java

Post by lambda »

tahirakram wrote:my question is if we have to develop a big enterprise system with massive database.
which combination u suggest
freebsd, apache 2, postgresql, and zope.
whts ur suggestion and wht abt the scnerio of PHP vs java, PHP supports any 32-bit or better platform, whereas JSP supports only platforms that have a Java virtual machine available.
whatever os and platform you use, it'll support java. your above point is irrelevant.
Java can win over PHP due 2 its OO features, but PHP also providing OO 2 some besides it is ont OO.
it is a myth that you need oo to properly write a large application.
wht u think,,,
if this is the way you spell, i hope to never see your code.
nahsan
Lance Naik

Post by nahsan »

Peace,

Lets compare Java with PHP. PHP is just a scripting language. If you aren't willing to spend money on buying ZEND IDE, you ll be stuck with providing the source code to the company. There is no other way of encrypting the source code. Now looking at Java technology, it has a huge library with tech supporting almost everything. Java has the two most popular framework - Struts and JSF. There is no comparing of PHP with the the MVC model of Java. Plus you get alot of free Java IDE.

Nabeel Ahsan
lambda
Major General

Post by lambda »

nahsan wrote:Lets compare Java with PHP. PHP is just a scripting language.
as opposed to...what?
If you aren't willing to spend money on buying ZEND IDE, you ll be stuck with providing the source code to the company. There is no other way of encrypting the source code.
false. there are several tools out there to encrypt your code.
Now looking at Java technology, it has a huge library with tech supporting almost everything.
uh...there's a large amount of code out there to support php, too.
Java has the two most popular framework - Struts and JSF.
your point is...?
There is no comparing of PHP with the the MVC model of Java.
i thought we were going to compare php with java! nevertheless, you can do proper mvc-ish code development with php.
Plus you get alot of free Java IDE.
you get a lot of free php ides, too.
saquib_javed
Naib Subedar

Post by saquib_javed »

Salam tahirakram

I think that u are comparing things that are not comparable.

Or

U just wanted to start a holy war in this forum :lol:

ThanX
Use Linux and feel Free.
OR
Feel free to use Linux. ;)