Free Ubuntu CDs in Islamabad

General discussion about PLUC and Linux in Pakistan.
salmankhilji
Cadet

Free Ubuntu CDs in Islamabad

Post by salmankhilji »

A few weeks ago, I went to Ubuntu website and ordered their free pressed CDs thinking that these would be the CDs of Breezy 5.10 release once it finally gets released.

As soon as I placed the order I realized that they would send me the current release (Hoary 5.04) which I already have downloaded and don't need. So I immediately sent them an email can cancelled the order.

I recieved an email the next day from the Ubuntu guys that the order would be cancelled. However, I still recieved the CDs.

These CDs look really beautiful and I don't want to waste them. I ended up getting 10 sets of them. Each set has 2 CDs---one LIVE and one INSTALL distribution of Hoary 5.04. I would like to place them in a public place where interested people can pick them up so as to not waste these 10 beautiful sets. Any suggestoins as to who I can give them to?

I already have one place in mind. If everyone agrees I will put them there and leave the address where anyone can pick 1 set on a first come first serve basis.
barlas
Naib Subedar

Re: Free Ubuntu CDs in Islamabad

Post by barlas »

salmankhilji wrote:...I already have one place in mind. If everyone agrees I will put them there...
How can everyone agree if you won't tell the address first? :)
Aqeel Zafar