I'd Lost My MySQL Priviliges

Discussion of programming on Linux, including shell scripting, perl, python, c/c++, mono, java. Whatever tickles your fancy.
lambda
Major General

Re: the same problem

Post by lambda »

zAm wrote:LinuxFreak ... the same problem exists again with the cmd which u told me .................. any idea ??
the problem is with you. you were told to stop mysqld, run the safe_mysqld command, run mysql to set the perms/whatever, then start mysqld. you were told to do that several times. and yet, you stopped mysqld, ran the safe_mysqld command, and then started mysqld, all before running the mysql command.

do you see where you made the mistake?
LinuxFreaK
Site Admin

Re:

Post by LinuxFreaK »

Dear zAm,
Salam,

I think you read lambda last reply carefully :)

Best Regards.
Farrukh Ahmed
zAm
Havaldaar

lambda , here's what i've got in bash prompt.

Post by zAm »

Hello,
Lambda ... i really don't understand what you & LinuxFreak trying to explain ...... you guys told me to stop the mysqld service , i did ... then you were suppose to tell me to run the safe_mysqld command , i did that too ..... & then you told me to type mysql on bash prompt , just think for a while , a few moments later u told me to stop the mysqld service then how come i use 'mysql' , anyway's here's what i got in my bash prompt.

Code: Select all

[root@lyarianz ~]# service mysqld stop
Stopping MySQL:                                            [  OK  ]
[root@lyarianz ~]# /usr/bin/safe_mysqld --skip-grant-tables --old-passwords --user=mysql &
[1] 11135
[root@lyarianz ~]# Starting mysqld daemon with databases from /var/lib/mysql
051220 13:15:36  mysqld ended

[1]+  Done                    /usr/bin/safe_mysqld --skip-grant-tables --old-passwords --user=mysql
[root@lyarianz ~]# mysql
ERROR 2002: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)
here's that , ? now look at this , how come mysql start as i stopped the mysqld service. anyway's thanks alot for your replies ........ any idea ? to help me out ...... please........
Regards,
zAm (Lyarianz Internet Cable Network)
Proud To Be Lyarianz !
LinuxFreaK
Site Admin

Re:

Post by LinuxFreaK »

Dear zAm,
Salam,

I am sure you have messed up with your dbs :)

# cd /var/lib
# mv mysql mysql.old
# mkdir mysql
# chown -R mysql.mysql mysql
# service mysql start
# /usr/bin/mysql_install_db
# mysql

Best Regards.
Farrukh Ahmed
lambda
Major General

Re: lambda , here's what i've got in bash prompt.

Post by lambda »

[root@lyarianz ~]# service mysqld stop
Stopping MySQL:                                            [  OK  ]
good so far.

[root@lyarianz ~]# /usr/bin/safe_mysqld --skip-grant-tables --old-passwords --user=mysql &
[1] 11135
[root@lyarianz ~]# Starting mysqld daemon with databases from /var/lib/mysql
also okay.

051220 13:15:36  mysqld ended

[1]+  Done                    /usr/bin/safe_mysqld --skip-grant-tables --old-passwords --user=mysql
oops! why did it end? check the log files in /var/lib/mysql.

[root@lyarianz ~]# mysql
ERROR 2002: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)
understandable, since the server's already ended. which it wasn't supposed to do.

so now you have to figure out why it ended like that. the logs will help.
zAm
Havaldaar

okay , it's solved .......

Post by zAm »

Hello,
lamda & LinuxFreak ... thanks for the replies.............. i did it ;-) i've solved the problem of mysql with genuine way out :p I un-installed mysql & then re-installed it :p , it's fine now ........ anyway's thanks once again for your kind support .. & sorry about for bothering you... anyway's ... take care , Allah Hafiz
Regards,
zAm (Lyarianz Internet Cable Network)
Proud To Be Lyarianz !
LinuxFreaK
Site Admin

Re: okay , it's solved .......

Post by LinuxFreaK »

Dear zAm,
Salam,
zAm wrote:lamda & LinuxFreak ... thanks for the replies.............. i did it ;-) i've solved the problem of mysql with genuine way out :p I un-installed mysql & then re-installed it :p , it's fine now ........ anyway's thanks once again for your kind support .. & sorry about for bothering you...
We did not said you are bothering us. Yes Installing RPM package will do same which i have told you it will create database. After Installing package.

Best Regards.
Farrukh Ahmed