How many RHCE in Pakistan

General discussion about PLUC and Linux in Pakistan.
imran_vu
Naik

How many RHCE in Pakistan

Post by imran_vu »

Hello
I want to know wat is the total number of RHCE in Pakistan, wats its value and wat career oppourtunities a RHCE get??
Please guide me.
dajazzguy
Naik

Post by dajazzguy »

well to be frank certification alone is not the criteria for evaluation of a certain individual.
But statistics go in favour according to dice.com RHCE is one of the most demanded certifications by employers today. But hey the reality is in Pakistan if you have to compete certification wouldn`t just do a degree from a good reputed institution is the key to getting into a good place early.
But having a degree of not so famous institute doesn`t mean that ... there is no scope .. well at the end of the day you are recognized for your knowledge and work not marks or degree institution.
Farhan Diwan
RHCE, Certified MySQL DBA
imran_vu
Naik

Dats not fair..

Post by imran_vu »

want to say dat unless u have a degree from a Well reputed institute like LUMS, FAST??
lambda
Major General

Re: Dats not fair..

Post by lambda »

imran_vu wrote:want to say dat unless u have a degree from a Well reputed institute like LUMS, FAST??
well, at least they teach english there.
phoenix
Havaldaar

Post by phoenix »

well, at least they teach english there.
why U obsessed with evrybuddy using crrect engglish?

y d0 U wantt the all nation use crrect engglish?

whuts story behaind it. tell. plz.
__/__/__/__/__/__/__/__/__/__/__/__/
Pakistan - Kashmir
lambda
Major General

Post by lambda »

phoenix wrote:why U obsessed with evrybuddy using crrect engglish?
why, what should they use instead?

just a few minutes ago, i came across someone's profile on naseeb. the person listed their occupation as "edjucationist". okay, so maybe they made a typo. happens all the time. even i do it (more frequently than i should, since the "e" and "r" keys on my keyboard are sticky). or maybe it was a braino: the "d" in "educationist" sounds like "j", and it's a common error to substitute one sound-letter for another. i do that, too.

so, they really meant their job was...what? educationist? an educationist is someone who promotes or advocates education. i don't think anyone outside the ministry of education has that occupation, and i'm pretty sure the person doesn't work there. so, what exactly is it that they do? i don't know -- do you?

maybe the person's a teacher (an "educator"). would you want that person to teach your kids in school?

i once had an argument with a coworker who used the word "heart" when he meant to use "hurt". he would not believe that he was using the wrong word, and to prove it, he sent me a microsoft word document with the word "heart" in it. see, he said, it's not underlined, so there's nothing wrong with it.

later, he went on to work for the ministry of information, doing e-government web stuff. isn't that great news for all of us?

lastly, incorrect english is a pain to read and understand. why should i waste my time on people who won't (not can't) learn to communicate?
y d0 U wantt the all nation use crrect engglish?
why not? what possible reason is there for not using english properly? laziness? apathy? why would i want anyone to learn one language (albeit badly) in school, use the same language at work, and then use another here, or in im?

if you get into the habit of writing proper english, you don't have to worry about using incorrect contractions or whatever when you actually need to use the language properly, like when posting to a mailing list asking for help, or writing design documents for a project, or commenting your code. or, when posting to a forum asking for help.

when i was interviewing people for a sysadmin position at naseeb last year, i interviewed close to twenty people. most of them were useless. one of them, though, was this guy who had a b.a. degree (i can't remember what in, but it wasn't computer-related). he'd learned to use linux on his own, he'd learned to set up qmail and vpopmail and all that, he had converted his department's desktop computers over to linux from windows, and he worked at an isp doing dsl installs/support/etc. he was hired by naseeb and still works there. i see his emails on the qmail list every so often. there is nothing wrong with the way he writes english.

the average poster here is nothing like him. you see, there is a difference between literacy, and functional literacy. almost all the people here are literate to some level. almost all the people who post questions here are functionally illiterate: they can read the docs, they can read the words, but they can't understand them. (or, won't take the time to understand them, but that's a different problem)

once you stop caring about how you read and write, you become less likely (or willing) to understand stuff you need to know. you become a liability to your company (can you really be trusted to read design docs and write code against a spec?). sure, that's an extreme case for some people, but think about it. how many people do you run into every day who've given up on learning?
whuts story behaind it. tell. plz.
it's probably obvious by now, given that i've been posting here for several years: i have a low tolerance for people who actually prefer ignorance over knowledge.
Last edited by lambda on Tue Aug 01, 2006 1:29 am, edited 3 times in total.
AsadRasheed
Battalion Quarter Master Havaldaar

Post by AsadRasheed »

hmmm i agree with lambda :) , uni sucks , and rhce hmmm , why i do RHCE when i can make a distro like that :) .

Regards,
M Asad Rasheed
registered linux user #394856
http://www.bsdpakistan.org
mahin
Major

Post by mahin »

AsadRasheed wrote: i can make a distro like that :) .
Regards,
M Asad Rasheed
Great :!:

Now only question is when :?:
mahin
Major

Post by mahin »

lambda wrote:
i have a low tolerance for people who actually prefer ignorance over knowledge.
Good thing to have :)
AsadRasheed
Battalion Quarter Master Havaldaar

Post by AsadRasheed »

mahin wrote:
AsadRasheed wrote: i can make a distro like that :) .
Regards,
M Asad Rasheed
Great :!:

Now only question is when :?:
hahahahah , good question :)
registered linux user #394856
http://www.bsdpakistan.org
fawad
Site Admin

Post by fawad »

I have a feeling that people go out of their way to spell incorrectly. 'Wat', 'U' and 'ne' are great examples of the legacy of the IM culture. I'm pretty sure that these words (what, you, and any) have been taught in 2nd grade, so the fact that a lot of otherwise literate people use these silly words really irritates me.

phoenix, if you were to talk to me in real life, I'm pretty sure you wouldn't use words like "tu", "abey", etc. So why is bad English acceptable? We would not be griping if an illiterate person were using spelling incorrectly and using bad grammar. We just expect more from well educated people.
imran_vu
Naik

I think that wasnt the topic

Post by imran_vu »

What r u guys talking about, That wasnt the topic. The topic was how many RHCE are there in pakistan.
farhantoqeer
Major General

Post by farhantoqeer »

LPI is better than any vendor specific certification.
A: Yes
Q: Is top-posting bad?
phoenix
Havaldaar

Post by phoenix »

phoenix, if you were to talk to me in real life, I'm pretty sure you wouldn't use words like "tu", "abey", etc.
I would definately try. Its so fun talking that way.
But of course if your face turns red with anger i'll stop.
--------------------------------
all jokes aside.
I am convinced that we should use correct english.
Pakistan - Kashmir
mahin
Major

Re: I think that wasnt the topic

Post by mahin »

imran_vu wrote:What r u guys talking about, That wasnt the topic. The topic was how many RHCE are there in pakistan.
No exact figures as to my knowledge there is no requirement to register one self like Doctors / Engineers etc.

Actual number could be any thing between 14 [ I know ] to 99. I am putting the upper limit of 99 based upon the rate of new passing out.

Not every one stays back, many go abroad. Add to this in recent most held test in Karachi approx 10 appeared and I am not aware of any one [ I knew who appeared ] clearing but there could be few. Your guess is as good as mine.

Having said all this, job wise RHCE is still good. Look for Novell SuSE its deployment is going to increase and there is acute shortage of people capable of deploying / maintaining it.

You did not asked for still my advice would be go for LPI if you can.