Some info for linuxpakistan to be proud of.

General discussion about PLUC and Linux in Pakistan.
Faraz.Fazil
Major General

Some info for linuxpakistan to be proud of.

Post by Faraz.Fazil »

Hi folks,

I just wanted to share these infos with you..

First of all, all linuxpakistan posts are directly listed in google.For instance if you do a search in google with query gaim 0.53 , it will show linuxpakistan.net's thread gaim 0.53 connection issues, where me (faraz.fazil),, lemon and fawad posted.Similarly, all linuxpakistan.net's threads are listed.

I got an email from a linux user in india.His name was arun.He said in the email that he searched google for an answer to his linux question and found mine (faraz.fazil's) thread in linuxpakistan, which helped him solve his problem.He thanked me and asked me a few more questions, which i gladly answered.

Also did u guyz read this article.It was written about linuxpakistan.net and pluc by a foreign writer fredrick noronha at:

http://www.linuxjournal.com/article.php?sid=6204

Fredrick nornonha is also a member at our forum but he has 0 posts.

Also check ouit basit's pklinux sourceforge website:

http://linuxpakistan.sourceforge.net/pklinux/info.html

I know many of you already know these info, but i posted it for others who may not know about it.
fawad
Site Admin

Post by fawad »

Faraz.Fazil,
This is great news. Frederick is from Goa in India and has been a LinuxPakistan mailing list member and regular contributor since at least 2 years. He covers the progress of Linux in India and South Asia in his Linux in Asia newsletter.
mrkkhattak
Site Admin

Post by mrkkhattak »

Assalamualaikum,

Great ... I am happy especially about google. Keep it ppl :-)

Regards,

-Meraj
digitalsurgeon
Naik

Post by digitalsurgeon »

finally some respect of linuxpakistan ....
farhanksa
Subedar

sun rises in the east :)

Post by farhanksa »

aoa
linuxpakistan is a kind of rising sun after the Dawn :P
inshallah it will go more better
farhantoqeer
Major General

Post by farhantoqeer »

Congratulations to all PLUCIANS!
umair007
Naik

hello all

Post by umair007 »

hello!
i have been a linux lover from 3 years when linux was not very much on the scene but for me it was a dream to be a microsoft free dude so i am

i wanted to say that i am really happy to know that pakistanis are also getting in linux i am fom pakistan but never came on this site but when i stepped in felt great to know that there is a group in pakistan usng linux
i felt like nothing else that linux also has a potential in pakistan

i am 15 years old and all my freinds think i am a lunatic to be using linux because it doesnt play those s*** games

i am a lot in programming c c++ java perl i know the basics of all and am learning more thanx o linux

keep it on men and one day linux will rise :D
linuxgeek
Site Admin

Post by linuxgeek »

Hello There Umair,

Yeah , linux has tons of potential in Pakistan :) We just need the right way / time to exploit in and get the best out of it :)

Nice to hear, you are a MS free dude :) ... I love it .. i simply love using Linux too!

Keep on interacting on the forums / list .... :) to share and to learn.

best regards

~uppal
Junaid Saeed Uppal
uppal at linux dot net dot pk
Cell : +92.345.8586045
umair007
Naik

thnx

Post by umair007 »

hey thnx uppal
yea you are right linux is the best i would say mandrake its faster then rh 9 although i have rh9 cause my kdeveloper wont work in drake 9 it was buggy it jus didnt installed from the cd the cd said the rpms are missing so had to come too rh9 but now i am waiting for my drake 9.1 i have orderd it from pluc i dont know if they send it in islamabad or not and it said it is under processing i hope i get it any how

i would say that it is the best and it has a great potential in programming

i am also thinking of atending the meetings in islamabad but dont know id they will let me in
:shock:
lemon
Naik

LONG LIVE PAKISTAN ! LONG LIVE LINUX PAKISTAN

Post by lemon »

Hi,

I was so glad that linuxpakistan.net that is our "linuxPAKISTAN.net" is getting recognition.I joined lin.pak when common people did not even knew what linux was (they still dont ;) ). and now its shining like north star.

Also Special thanx to "Frederick Noronha" for that conclusive article on "Pakistan Government Looks to the Linux Users Group".

Note: also the joining dates in the member lists are not correct and all old members have same joining dates why is that ???

Happy 14th August to all lin-pak users.
Wasay Ahmed
B.E. CE SSUET
MBA IBA
fawad
Site Admin

Re: LONG LIVE PAKISTAN ! LONG LIVE LINUX PAKISTAN

Post by fawad »

lemon wrote:Hi,

<snip />
Note: also the joining dates in the member lists are not correct and all old members have same joining dates why is that ???

Happy 14th August to all lin-pak users.
Assalam Alaikum,
If you'll remember, the forum was launched on August 7, 2002 (Exactly 1 year and 1 day ago :)). Because the authentication of the postnuke and phpbb system dont mingle, we copied over the postnuke accounts to phpbb. If I remember correctly, postnuke doesn't keep a signup date, so I had to reset it to either an arbitrary date or August 7. You know which one I chose :)

Some interesting statistics:
We get ~ 6.51 posts per day
Total topics: 521
Users per day: 2.11

The 3rd figure is not very encouraging. On a forum with 774 user, we need lots more interaction. Let's hope we can encourage more interaction going forward.
Faraz.Fazil
Major General

Re: LONG LIVE PAKISTAN ! LONG LIVE LINUX PAKISTAN

Post by Faraz.Fazil »

That is exactly my point.The forum activity needs to be increased considerably esp the first and the third figures.
fawad wrote:

Some interesting statistics:
We get ~ 6.51 posts per day
Total topics: 521
Users per day: 2.11

The 3rd figure is not very encouraging. On a forum with 774 user, we need lots more interaction. Let's hope we can encourage more interaction going forward.
lemon
Naik

If we need activity we need to get famous

Post by lemon »

We need to introduce ourselves to real public i mean (linux ppl like us)
For eg:

There is a LINUX ADMIN SEMINAR at Sir Syed University on 15th August 2003.

Maybe we can send a representative of PLUG there and formaly introduce Lin Pak to SSUET sutudents and faculty.

It might increase our hits.
Wasay Ahmed
B.E. CE SSUET
MBA IBA
farhanksa
Subedar

happy birthday to linuxpakistan:)

Post by farhanksa »

happy birthday to linuxpakistan:)
its baby of 1 year and 2 days now :)
may u live long :P
basit
Lance Naik

Post by basit »

the sirsyed university seminar, yes you can do it, please contact the officials
and say you want to give a presentation on behalf of linuxpakistan? can you do it ?
the computer incharge is Mr Rizwan - ul - hassan , if require, mention my name (Abdul Basit - 97CE134,) .. or contact teacher saqib hussain or kashif , these ppl will help you