Fedora installation on Dell Laptop

Discussion regarding the installation and configuration of Linux distributions.
mhassan
Lance Naik

Fedora installation on Dell Laptop

Post by mhassan »

Thnx noman its was really helpful. Now I have installed Fedora core-6 it is really fascinating. Now the biggest problems:

I am using wireless internet services . The company offers services thru wireless medium however I connect to their server through VPN. I have no idea how to configure it and even my service provider has no idea.

Secondly my wireless card is shown in the network configurations but it does not get connected to other system its peer to peer linkking in windows all work ok.

Thirdly if I need t uninstall all fedorca core-6 how can i do that?to restore the previous drive conditon as before installation.

Please help me further out...

Regards.
Best Regards
Linux to All
LinuxFreaK
Site Admin

Re: Fedora installation on Dell Laptop

Post by LinuxFreaK »

Dear mhassan,
Salam,
mhassan wrote:Secondly my wireless card is shown in the network configurations but it does not get connected to other system its peer to peer linkking in windows all work ok.
You should tell more information about your Wireless Card and the provider you are using.
mhassan wrote:Thirdly if I need t uninstall all fedorca core-6 how can i do that?to restore the previous drive conditon as before installation.
Format Partition in which you have installed Linux as it was before :)

Best Regards.
Farrukh Ahmed
zaigham_tt
Havaldaar

Post by zaigham_tt »

which Vpn client u want to install.

i know about pptp client first u know the ip of Vpn server. then try

http://pptpclient.sourceforge.net/howto ... re-6.phtml
raheelahmad
Naik

wirless card

Post by raheelahmad »

many wireless cards are supported by fedora,if ur wireless card is not working on ur fedora core,try using ndiswrapper.
if you have a windows driver of your wlan card you can install that driver on fedora as well...not much dificult but intresting ...............
-
Raheel Ahmad