Free Linux magazines

General discussion about Linux, Linux distribution, using Linux etc.
rizi
Cadet

Free Linux magazines

Post by rizi »

Hi All,
Hope everyone is fine out there. I need to know are there any free Linux magazines available for subscriprion for Pakistan ? either about General Linux OS or about Development on Linux. or much better if they are about all Uinx based OSs. 8)

Regards
Rizi
sakbar
Naik

Post by sakbar »

check it out - www.linuxgazette.com " a very good one "

try googling you will found more ..

--Shakeel
Faraz.Fazil
Major General

Post by Faraz.Fazil »

The best ones arE:

www.linuxgazette.com
www.linuxfocus.org
www.linuxjournal.com

LinuxGazette and linuxfocus, have free online versions and free versions for download as well, in html format.

Free RulEz!
OPEnSource RuleZ!
rizi
Cadet

Free Linux Mags

Post by rizi »

Thanks for the replies.
I already have explored (googled) these one, what I was looking for any free print subscriptions ??

Regards
Rizi
fawad
Site Admin

Post by fawad »

rizi, There aren't any free print Linux mags, even in the US. The speed by which new information comes out simply doesn't suit a print magazine. For example, the Linux ppl don't have an agenda to come out with Linux .NET in next 4 years that they'd hype about (and give corresponding alpha, beta, developer CDs). The system was born on the internet, bred on the Internet and is sustained on the Internet. Print magazines for Linux have had a very hard time sustaining themselves for this reason.
Faraz.Fazil
Major General

Post by Faraz.Fazil »

Well said fawad.

Expecting people to publish free print magz is like asking a person to vacate his house for someone else for free and live on the road himself.

There are excellent ebooks and magz available on linux on the internet for free.
Also there are print magazines and print books...but the print versions, they ofcourse are not free.due to the reasons already mentioned.

Linuxfocus , LG and linxjournal all have print versions as well..for a moderate price.
Now even linuxfromscratch (LFS) has started print magz for a reasonable price.

B.T.W opensource guyz do really try to make as much stuff free as possible.....and infact most of the opensource stuff is free!
rizi
Cadet

Post by rizi »

Well guys
Thanks for your time. There is no BIG issue for me to read from e-mags
But I thought if there are some frees available, why not give them a try. I have many subscriptions free as well as paid from various fields of engineering sciences, but the deficiency is there for open source magazines.

Regards
Rizi
Faraz.Fazil
Major General

Post by Faraz.Fazil »

Ok.

Happy reading!